Hollywoodbets | Branch Manager – Alberton X1
Hollywoodbets has an exciting opportunity available for a Branch Manager to be based in the Alberton Branch, Gauteng. To manage the operations of the Branch in terms of increasing stakes, managing costs, resource management, customer services, and compliance.
- 1-2 years in a management capacity or managerial experience.
- 1- 2 Years of Cash Management experience.
- 1- 2 Years of Sales and Marketing management experience.
- 1 Year within the Gaming or Betting industry.
- Diploma/ Degree/ NQF 4 Learnership.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- To manage the achievement of targets and branch growth in accordance with operational procedures.
- Retain existing customers to grow a new customer base. Generate a branch business plan in consultation with the regional manager and implement it accordingly to drive these growth targets. Work closely with the marketing team and promoters in support of growth initiatives.
- Conduct continuous comparisons with competitors in the area and region, looking at factors such as headcount, different product offerings, which factors give competitors an advantage over the company, and make recommendations to attract customers from competitors. Strive to be viewed as the market leader in the area and put initiatives in place to ensure that the company remains the leading competitor.
Branch Administration and Cost Management
- Manage branch cost and budget to ensure maximum profitability- manage monthly expenses. Cash management within the branch according to defined processes or procedures and minimize risks, theft, and fraud. Ensure adherence to credit card administration and EFT policies where applicable.
- Manage branch stock control to ensure that there is enough supply (although not over/under).
- Ensure that stock-taking is done weekly and account for stock shortages.
- Manage all security aspects in the branch.
- Ensure that the branch is always neat and tidy according to Hollywood standards. Ensure that the facilities are well maintained and in working condition.
- Ensure that daily newsflashes provide a high-level overview of the operations for the day. Ensure weekly and monthly reporting on branch performance based on stakes, a number of bets per type of bet, branch budget and costs and growth plans as well as high risk/compliance issues.
- Ensure superior customer service and customer experience. Pro-actively address customer complaints and ensure customer feedback is positive. Build strong relationships with regular customers/punters. Always create a customer centric culture within the branch and drive the philosophy of “service with a smile”.
- Ensure compliance with company, legislative and legal requirements. More specifically, ensure compliance with Gambling Board requirements. Compliance and adherence to the company’s internal control policy, Compliance to the Code of Ethics and escalate fraudulent activities. Ensure that there is always a registered FICA officer on-site during operating hours and compliance posters are displayed.
- Manage communication within the branch to ensure that all communication that should be disseminated to team members is in fact being communicated and team members are aware of key business campaigns, business updates, and marketing campaigns. Ensure that the correct lines of communication are always followed and that timeous feedback is provided to the support the office when information is requested.
- Manage branch team members in terms of HR policy (recruitment in conjunction with AM, on-the-job training and development), identify areas of development and coordinate training interventions, leave management, performance management, labor relations (disciplinary actions/poor performance), retention, and recognition.
- Manage team member rosters/schedules considering busy periods, events, and operational requirements.
- Actively promote Hollywood values. Live the values and lead as an example to the team.
- Management is responsible for LPMs in the branch.
- If the branch has F&B facilities, RD facilities, support office teams, and training facilities, ensure a close working relationship with these divisions. Responsible for the maintenance/facility management of the entire building/branch.
- Work closely with the Regional Manager/Area Manager to suggest areas of improvement to ensure that the Branch attracts and retains punters. Provide solutions for challenges faced within the branch.
- Ensure timeous submission of daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
Skills and competencies:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Ensuring consistent reliability.
- Must be available 24/7 in case of emergencies.
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.