Table of Contents
Hollywoodbets | Betting Clerk Opportunities X3
Being a part of the Hollywoodbets Purple Team is an opportunity to become a part of one of South Africa’s biggest success stories. From humble beginnings in Durban, Hollywoodbets has grown into a powerhouse brand operating across Africa and the United Kingdom. And that’s just the beginning. Our talented Team is on a mission to increase our global footprint, ready to take on any challenge because at Hollywoodbets, not even the sky is the limit. Join our Team and let’s reach for the stars.
We have an amazing opportunity for Betting Clerk at our Malvern Branch. Do you think you have what it takes to be our newest Purple Star?
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the operations of the branch in terms of taking customer bets, increasing stakes, managing cash, doing pay-outs, customer service and compliance.
With Hollywoodbets, You Will:
Innovate and create as part of a like-minded, authentic Team eager to achieve goals.
Embrace challenges and the thrill of working in a vibrant and fast-paced industry.
Grow with our development plans and culture that allows you to further your career.
A Bonus To Have:
- 1-2 years in the Gaming Industry.
What You’ll Do For The Branch:
- Ensure betting boards are updated timeously.
- Updating of memos, card changes, results and scratching which occur throughout the day.
- Be knowledgeable on all betting rules, odds and pay-outs.
- Team members must be knowledgeable on confirmation limits and always call the BSC and Events Office before laying a bet over the limit.
- Team members are to inform the Team Leaders/ Betting Manager when they are laying large bets that do not require confirmation.
- Manage cash within the branch according to defined processes/procedures and minimize risks, theft/fraud.
- Team members are to be alert to emerging attempts to defraud the company.
- Team members are to ensure they have the accurate float amounts at the beginning of their shift to ensure that balancing occurs at end of day.
- Interim checks must be done within the course of the day with the team leader on duty.
- Ensure that all cash shortages are dealt with immediately, shortages less than R250.00, must be paid back into the Hollywood taking on the same day by the team member.
- Ensure that all shortages and overs are declared to the team leader on duty and correctly recorded on the recon.
- Ensure that the branch is always neat and tidy according to Hollywood standards.
- Ensure that your workstations are well-maintained and in good working condition.
- Comply with all procedures to prevent losses to the company, advising your branch /senior team.
- leaders promptly of any problems/malfunction with the terminals /equipment/resources (e.g. TV display of results, offline).
- Ensure to provide good customer service by being friendly, helpful, polite and courteous at all times.
- Proactively address customer complaints and ensure that customers are given positive feedback.
- Build strong relationships with regular customers.
- Create a customer-centric culture within the branch and drive the philosophy of “service with a smile” at all times.
- Compliance and adherence to the company’s internal control policies.
- Compliance with the code of ethics and escalate fraudulent activities.
- Team member to ensure they are dressed in their correct Hollywood uniform when on duty.
- Credit bets are not allowed to be taken by any team member.
- Team members on duty are not allowed to take bets wearing Hollywood uniform.
- Team members are allowed to take bets as customers when they are off duty and not in their Hollywood uniform.
- Team members are not allowed to be behind the terminal counters when off duty.
- Team members on duty are not allowed to utilize the Limited pay-out machine.
- Actively promote the Hollywood values.
- Live the values and lead as an example to other team members.
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- Demonstrates a good understanding of betting procedures.
- Understand the different betting types.
- Manage income and pay-outs by following the company policies, practices and procedures.
- Show concern for all aspects of the job.
- Maintain responsibility over tasks and have the ability to identify irregularities.
So, are you ready to level up, learn and perform at your best? Apply now!
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.