HIV Testing Services (HTS) Manager – OD/00052/21
Limpopo Province – Permanent
We are looking for an HTS Manager to provide strategic oversight for the HTS component of our HIV programme, including support and supervision of all programme staff and reporting as required, including HTS Improvement at the hospital level, primary healthcare facilities and HTS Implementation at the community level sites (such as FET colleges).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Programme Management
- Oversee implementation of Anova’s HTS support activities at the facility, sub-district & district levels.
- Oversee implementation of HTS quality improvement activities at all DoH levels as required and ensure compliance with DoH policies.
- Develop overall HTS strategy for the programme in line with the overall DoH, Anova strategies and donor requirements.
- Develop quarterly & annual HTS- related project activities and work plans with clear deliverables & indicators of success.
- Manage the necessary systems, structures, policies and procedures required for successful implementation of project activities.
- Manage all aspects of HTS programme monitoring and evaluation, including data collection, analysis and reporting to monitor project progress and deliverables.
- Technical Support
- Provide technical support to the district on the implementation of HTS activities in line with 909090 District Implementation Plan.
- Form part of district HTS team to ensure continuous monitoring of progress.
- Use data to identify challenges faced by HTS at all DoH levels, together with HTS officers & sub-district teams to implement corrective measures.
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Identify critical programme stakeholders and develop a stakeholder engagement plan.
- Manage and maintain functional relations with all internal and external stakeholders including DoH, donors and partners.
- Support the development of the district and provincial strategic plans.
- Facilitate participation by Anova technical staff in sub-district and district strategic meetings focused on HTS & related programmes.
- Represent Anova at meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Human Resources
- Manage a team of HTS officers & HTS counsellors (and other staff working on HTS) in order to ensure efficient project delivery.
- Assist the HTS Officers to develop strategic and annual activity plans that are in line with work plan.
- Ensure effective communication with the programme manager and other Anova managers to ensure effective management of staff.
- Work with HR on recruitment, induction and performance management of HTS team.
- Identify training needs and opportunities for HTS staff.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to DoH and Anova staff regarding HTS programmes & related activities.
- Ensure prompt submission of monthly and quarterly reports, and other reports as required.
- Any other tasks as agreed with line manager.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required
- Grade 12 (Matric).
- Qualification in Nursing, Social Sciences, Psychology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in the Public Health sector, within HIV/TB and related programmes.
- The candidate should be familiar with DoH HTS policies, 90-90-90 strategy and all other policies & strategies related to HIV/TB and specifically HTS.
- Management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, client relationship management skills.
- Good facilitation and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Must be able to maintain private and confidential information.
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills.
- Proactive and problem resolution skills.
- Good report writing skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Advantageous Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Health-related postgraduate qualification.
Please specify the above reference number on the subject line of your email for a quicker response. Good luck!
Submit your CV and application letter to Olga Daswa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until a suitable candidate is identified. Early application is therefore highly recommended.
Applicants who have not been contacted within 4 weeks of submitting their application should assume that they have not been successful.