POST 04/97: HANDYMAN (MECHANICAL)
REF NO: 150219/24 NWRI Cenreal Operations, Mechanical Canals
SALARY: R115 437 per annum (Level 03)
CENTRE: NWRI, Central Operations (Vanderkloof Dam)
- ABET Level 4. Preferably 6 months experience in maintenance and servicing of construction machinery and equipment.
- The following will serve as recommendations: Knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, operating of construction machinery, ability to work under pressure and good physical fitness.
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Valid Code C1 driver’s license and also with valid PDP license. (Attach certified copy).
- To assist the artisan in the execution of mechanical maintenance tasks.
- Perform routine functions related to the maintenance of the dam wall and corrosion protection of sluices in the dam wall.
- Carry out services to construction machinery and do minor repairs where necessary.
- Load and move heavy equipment.
- Perform 69 dam inspections and ensure that maintenance programs are in place within the plant. Supervise and mentor personnel and do performance evaluations.
- Compile and submit reports.
- Provide inputs to the operational plan.
- Keep and maintain job record/register.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. G.A Coetzee Tel No: 053 664 9400
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X01, Vanderkloof Dam, 8771
ATTENTION : Mr J Wilson
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment. The candidate must be medically fit.