POST 04/102: GROUNDSMAN (NOOITGEDACHT DAM (X1 POST), KHUTAL (X1 POST), MAINTENANCE (X1 POST)
REF NO: 150219/29 (X3 POSTS) NWRI Central Operations
SALARY: R96 549 per annum (Level 02)
CENTRE: Jericho Dam (Usutu River)
- ABET certificate.
- Knowledge and experience of gardening equipment and appliances.
- Basic understanding of government legislations.
- Knowledge of lawn care process.
- Knowledge of the pruning, trimming and techniques processes.
- Knowledge of the chemical use (dilution mix) chemical products.
- Knowledge of daily maintenance procedures for efficient machine / equipment performance.
- Basic knowledge in supporting water utilisation and water resources strategy.
- 71 Knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of garden maintenance and planting practices.
- Zero (0) to one (1) year working experience.
- Cleaning and maintain grounds and repair tools and structure such as buildings, fences and benches using hand and power tools.
- Mixing spray or spread fertilisers, herbicides or insecticides onto grass, shrubs and trees using hand or automatic sprayers or spreaders.
- Irrigate plants and lawns.
- Provide proper upkeep of sidewalks, driveways, parking lots, planters and other related ground features. Maintain existing grounds/gardens by caring sod, plants and trees.
- Rake and mulch leaves irrigate plants and lawns.
- Sweep parking lots, walkways, grounds, and clean buildings by sweeping, washing floors and cleaning windows. Assist with maintenance duties from time to time. Adhere to all OHS Act.
ENQUIRIES: Mr N Vermaak Tel No: (017) 846 6000
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X 1004, Usutu River, Amsterdam, 2375.
ATTENTION: Thomo K.E
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment. The candidate must be medically fit.