14 / 100
Graduate Office Administrator
at 4 Rand Merchant Place, Sandton, Gauteng, South Africa in Firstrand Corporate Centre
Ends 27 Feb 2020
FirstRand believes that its people are its single most important resource and will not operate in a sector unless it has people who are right for that market and who share FirstRand’s business values. We recruit self-starters who have a passion for what they do. We empower them, hold them accountable and reward them appropriately. We value diversity in our people, particularly for the way that this contributes to innovative thinking. If you think you will flourish in our environment, and you believe you have the necessary skills and competencies for the position advertised, then we are looking for you! All suitably qualified candidates will be considered. Appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s EE Strategy.
To provide efficient and effective administration support to ensure the smooth running of the Graduate office by providing services to managers, external providers and graduates within the business.
experience and qualifications
- Grade 12 (required)
- Certificate / Diploma in Business Admin or HR (advantageous)
- 1 -2 years’ experience in an administration role
- Relevant experience in banking and financial services environment advantageous
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook
There are no additional requirements associated with this vacancy.
- Cost management – maintain costs/expenses within approved budget to achieve cost efficiencies.
- Service delivery – deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions.
- Stakeholder management – manage objective working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, including end-users, SAICA, universities, ASSA, external providers and staff members.
- Administrative services – provide quality administrative services to the manager/executive.
- Query resolution – resolve queries within agreed timelines, as appropriate.
- Diary management – ensure effective and efficient diary and meeting management on behalf of the manager/executive.
- Document management – type business letters, minutes, memorandums, schedules and general correspondence.
- Travel management – coordinate travel arrangements (local and international).
- Process management – set up and maintain administrative systems and processes for the business unit to ensure efficient service is provided.
- Tracking and monitoring – maintain efficient tracking and monitoring processes on all activities and timelines for administrative and process support.