POST 04/101: GENERAL WORKER (ONVERWAGT X1 POST; VYGEBOOM X1 POST, USUTU EASTERN TRANSVAAL X4 POST; MAINTENANCE X1 POST)
REF NO: 150219/28 (X7 POSTS) NWRI Central Operations
SALARY: R96 549 per annum (Level 02)
CENTRE: Jericho Dam (Usutu River)
- Knowledge of general work in handling equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge and understanding on conducting general work including lawn care process.
- Basic knowledge of garden maintenance and planting practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of pruning and training processes and techniques.
- Basic knowledge of chemical use (dilution mix) and chemical products.
- Daily maintenance procedures for efficient machine / equipment performance.
- Supporting of water utilisation and water resource strategy.
- Basic knowledge of health and safety procedures.
- Basic understanding of government legislation.
- Communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Must be productive and loyal.
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in performing manual work will serve as an added advantage.
- The successful candidate will be required to assist a civil artisan in execution of maintenance, repairs and services of the machinery and mechanical installations in various dams, reservoirs, pump stations and pipelines.
- Loading and off-loading. Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Carry tools and equipment and keep them in a good condition.
- The successful candidate will be required to travel extensively and work extended hours when required. Willingness to perform other related duties.
ENQUIRIES: Mr HJ Bekker, Tel No: (017) 846 6000
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X 1004, Usutu River, Amsterdam, 2375.
ATTENTION: Thomo K.E
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment. The candidate must be medically fit.