GENERAL WORKER FOOD SERVICE (256 POSITION)
Monthly Stipend: R3000.00
CAPRICORN DISTRICT IS LOOKING FOR (61 POSITIONS)
MOPANI DISTRICT IS LOOKING FOR (53 POSITIONS)
SEKHUKHUNE DISTRICT IS LOOKING FOR (45 POSITIONS)
VHEMBE DISTRICT IS LOOKING FOR (53 POSITIONS)
WATERBERG DISTRICT IS LOOKING FOR (53 POSITIONS)
- Qualification and competencies
- A minimum of grade 12 and ABET NQF Level 4 certificate/National Vocational certificate in Hospitality Management from TVET will be an added advantage
2. Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instruction
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies
- Ability to lead and train students
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects
- Knowledge of food services lines set-up and temperature requirements
- Skill in cooking and preparing a variety of foods.
- Knowledge of food preparation and presentation methods, techniques, and quality standards
Key Performance Areas:
- Comply with HACCP on food handling and reparations to ensure food safety
- Ensure that daily activities are in-line with the Hazard analysis critical control point (HACCP).
- Pre-preparation and cooking of food for therapeutic diet as per standardized recipes
- Portion and serve (plating or bulk serving) and pack meal delivery cards according to the ward diet lists.
- Pushes meal delivery carts wards to deliver food as per ward diet lists.
- Collect meal delivery carts from the ward after serving of each meal.
- Place servings in a blender to make foods for soft or liquid diets.
- Assist in packing of food into storerooms
- Packaging and labelling of therapeutic diets as per ward diet list.
- Places items, such as eating ufensils, and condiments on trays.
- Apportions and places food servings on plates and trays according to diet list
- Examine filled tray for completeness and places on card, dumbwaiter, or converyor belt.
- Washes dishes and clean work area, tables, cabinets and ovens.
- Collects, places and garbage trash in designated containers.
- Emptying of waste bins at all times.
- Clean, wash and maintain work areas, including floors, facilities, posts, pans, services ware, utensils, and equipment, collects and places garbage and trash in designed containers, as appropriate to the of operation.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Handling of Dishwasher and cleaning of equipment and utensils before and after use.
- Supply clean cutlery and crockery during meal times
- Report any faults, breakages and illiness in the food services unit (FSU)
- Cleaning of the FSU and food trolleys according to the cleaning schedule and after very meal preparation and serving
TO: All qualifying applications for Admin Assistants, General Workers EPWP Food services & EPWP Data Captures Positions.
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH CIRCULAR NO 05 OF 2022
Advertisement of 12 months position for expanded public works opportunities in the Department of health.
- Applicants are hereby invited from the suitably qualified candidates for EPWP work opportunities
- Applications should be submitted on Z83 obtained from any government institutions and must be accompanied by certified copies of required qualifications, identity documents and a comprehensive CV.
- Applications should be addressed to the relevant center (Hospital) where the position is advertised and should be addressed to the relevant hospital as per the address list provided.
- Applications should complete separate application forms where more than one position are applied for. Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only. Faxed or emailed applications will not be considered.
- Successful candidates will be expected to work eight (8) hours per day.
- People with disabilities including foreign nationals with a 13 digits South African ID and foreigners holding an Asylum seeker permit, work permit or has given a refugee status are encouraged to apply.
- Applications responding to this circular should quote circular number and Position number as reference on the Z83 application form.
- The closing date for the applications is 11 March 2022