POST 04/98: GENERAL WORKER: CIVIL
REF NO: 150219/25 (X8 POSTS) NWRI Central Operations
SALARY: R96 549 per annum, (Level 02)
CENTRE: NWRI, Central Operations (Vanderkloof Dam)
- (Must be able to read and write).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, self-motivated and willingness to work.
- Work overtime when necessary.
- Knowledge in the field of maintenance tasks, Ability to work under supervision, independently and in a team.
- Knowledge in plumbing, bricklaying, carpentry and construction.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- One (1) to two (2) years of appropriate experience.
- Perform routine relating to the maintenance of the structures and construction work.
- Move and load heavy equipment on government water scheme.
- Do maintenance in the garden and other structures e.g. Damwall, cutting grass, trimming trees, fencing, cleaning, painting, spraying with round-up (chemical) and maintenance on the side of the road.
- Perform regular inspections on tools and report defaults.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. LI Radebe Tel No: 053 664 9400
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X01, Vanderkloof Dam, 8771
ATTENTION: Mr J Wilson
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment. The candidate must be medically fit.