POST 04/93: GENERAL FOREMAN (CIVIL)
REF NO: 150219/20 NWRI Central Operations: Vanderkloop Canals
SALARY: R136 800 per annum, (Level 04)
CENTRE: NWRI, Central Operations (Vanderkloof Dam)
- Grade 08.
- A valid Code 08 driver’s license. (Attach certified copy).
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Work independently and in a team.
- One-year supervision experience will be a added advantage.
- The ability to do routine tasks, which require using variety of equipment, tools and machinery.
- Knowledge of the basic safety procedures of the Health and Safety OHS Act.
- One (1) to two (2) years’ experience in Civil maintenance.
- Assist Artisan in Civil Workshop.
- General maintenance to plants, structures and canal pipe lines.
- Building manholes and structures. Supervision of maintenance team.
- Ensure that official houses, office buildings, dam wall areas and workshops are and maintained.
- Concrete work, plastering, tiling, painting, cleaning, roof structures, and gutters and down pipes.
ENQUIRIES: Mr LI Radebe Tel No: 053 664 – 9400
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X01, Vanderkloof Dam, 8771
ATTENTION: Mr J Wilson
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment. The candidate must be medically fit.