G4S | SENIOR HR OFFICER
Closes: 1 Sep 2021
Vacancy: Senior Human Resources Officer
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated cash management solutions, has a vacancy for a Senior HR Officer based at our operations in Centurion.
Reporting to the Regional Human Resource Manager, this role is responsible for the coordination and provision of HR Support services (including but not limited to Industrial Relations, Recruitment etc) across the business unit within a designated geographical area, in compliance with legislation and company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgment in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organization, and understanding the role which Human Resources plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results-driven and to live the values of the organization.
Effective management of Employee Relations
- Maintain an appropriate Industrial Relations environment and sound working relationships with Unions and other role players.
- Responsible for all end to end disciplinary processes conducted in the region, ensuring compliance with the company’s code of conduct and procedures
- Competent representation of the company in dismissal disputes referred to the bargaining council/CCMA (Conciliation)
- Ensuring that line management is kept informed of changes to the interpretation and application of disciplinary procedures
- Provision of IR training to line management
- Competent representation of the region in administrative dealings with trade unions
- The provision of appropriate and competent advice and assistance to line management and employees with guidance from GM: HR
- Maintain accurate records
- Compile, analyze statistics for trend and best practice purposes
- Management of end-to-end process pertaining to but not limited to: Sec 189’s, Incapacities, Grievances, Suspensions etc.
- Management of the employee engagement process in terms of initiatives on a project basis, analysis of results, action plans (execution and progress tracking)
Effective resourcing of staff
- Regular meetings with regional management to ascertain recruitment needs
- Effective and efficient recruitment of applicable regional roles (refer to the matrix), in line with G4S minimum standards and business recruitment process/procedure wrt:
- Movement and Requisition forms
- Vetting and Screening
- Workforce Management
- The building of pipelines for critical identified roles
- Ensure line management are aware of the company policies and procedures
- Appropriate and relevant reporting
Management of HR Compliance and administration
- Monitor and audit compliance on a regional basis to company policy and procedure
- Identify areas of concern, deficiency and implement change procedures
- As needed, intervene to ensure compliance
- Management of administration resources tasked with HR documentation and filing
- Review and audit of HR filing and documentation, ensuring correct standards are maintained and policy complied with
- Management of employee benefit administration
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by the company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programs
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at the workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
Staff management and development
- All direct reports have clearly defined job profiles aligned to the profile of the manager
- Ensure performance contracts are in place and regular goal reviews completed to assess achievement of results
- Apply poor performance management or employee relations management principles and processes should this be required
- Provide support, coaching (train), and mentoring continuously to ensure that objectives are met
- Ensure completed development plans for each employee
- Allocation resources appropriately to ensure operational demands are met
- Ensure that events/activities taking place in the team are effectively communicated within the team and to other teams requiring the information
- Ensure adequate succession planning to meet ongoing and anticipated business requirements
* Please note that this role requires traveling with the designated Northern Region, which covers Gauteng, Mpumalanga, North West etc.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Relevant tertiary qualification recommended
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant working experience
- Sound working experience across multiple HR Disciplines with specific reference to Employee Relations/Industrial Relations and Resourcing
- Valid driver’s license and own transport essential
Skills and Attributes
- Awareness of the market environment
- Delivering strategy
- Driving change
- Leading people
- Delivering performance
- Working with complexity
- Managing professionally
- Customer thinking
- Collaborating and co-operating
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Computer literacy
Please note that this role requires traveling with the designated Northern Region, which covers Gauteng, Mpumalanga, North West etc.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specializes in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 90 countries and employs more than 540,000 employees, making us one of the world’s largest private employers.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognized as the leader in providing security solutions. We, therefore, endeavor to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organization that is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect – Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty, and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers, and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence – We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork – We invest in technology and best practices to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.