G4S | REGIONAL HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Closes: 27 Aug 2021
Regional Human Resources Manager
G4S Secure Solutions (SA), a leading provider of integrated security management solutions, has a vacancy for a Regional Human Resources Manager based at our operations in Centurion Mall, reporting to the Head of HR Operations.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgment in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organization, and understanding the role which Regional Human Resources Manager plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results-driven and to live the values of the organization.
The position requires at least 5 years of senior management experience within a similar environment.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.
Effective Management of Employee Relations Function
- Responsible for the management of disciplinary processes conducted in the region, ensuring compliance with the Company’s Code of Conduct and procedures
- Competent representation of the Company in all disputes referred to the CCMA and Labour Court
- Ensuring that line management is kept informed of changes to the interpretation and application of disciplinary procedures necessitated by the CCMA and Labour Court decisions
- Competent representation of the region in dealings with trade unions
- The establishment and continuation of employee communication structures.
- Provision of ongoing training and consultation service to regional management to achieve successful structure development.
Effective Resourcing of Staff
- Regular meetings with regional management to ascertain recruitment needs, trends, and service delivery issues
- Thorough human resource planning process to match requirements with incumbents, with a focus on the approved structure.
- Adherence to company policy with respect to approval and recruitment process. Strict observance of the company recruitment process
- Management of thorough vetting and screening process and procedure
- Employment in accordance with the remuneration policy
- Management of recruitment process, and administration process, to ensure correct workflow of information for rostering and loading
Manage the Organisational Employee Engagement Process
- Support change initiatives within the company on a project basis
- To support the drive to achieve a high level of employee engagement within a change management process:
- Manage the implementation of Employee Satisfaction Surveys to identify the current levels of employee engagement
- Analyze results
- Agree with key stakeholders on the process to drive corrective actions
- Ensure that an action plan based on survey results is put in place and monitored at all levels
- Track progress on action plans through regular follow up surveys
Company Policy Compliance and Record-Keeping Management
- Monitor and audit compliance on a regional basis to company policy and procedure
- Identify areas of concern, deficiency and implement change procedures
- As needed, intervene to ensure compliance
- Management of administration resources tasked with HR documentation and filing.
- Review and audit of HR filing and documentation, ensuring correct standards are maintained and policy complied with.
Manage the Provision of Effective Training within the Region
- Compile operational training schedules, and manage the delivery of training interventions through Training Officers
- Assist national training function in planning and execution of management training.
- Management and planning of Induction training and implementation for all new starters (wages and salaries)
- Management of ‘on the job’ training planning and implementation through Training officers
- Coordinate succession planning for management and support positions in conjunction with T&R Manager, for E2 and below
Manage Health and Safety Awareness in line with Group Policy and Strategy
- Management of incident reporting and Workmen’s compensation reporting on injuries
- Ensure proper employee care when there is a serious incident or death, in terms of company policy
- Promote Health and Safety awareness with your team and region, in conjunction with the HSSEC strategy for the country.
- Staff management and development
- All direct reports have clearly defined job profiles aligned to the profile of the manager
- Ensure performance contracts are in place and regular goal reviews completed to assess achievement of results
- Apply poor performance management or employee relations management principles and processes should this be required
- Provide support, coaching (train), and mentoring continuously to ensure that objectives are met
- Ensure completed development plans for each employee
- Allocation resources appropriately to ensure operational demands are met
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by the company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at the workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Relevant degree in HR Management
- Minimum 5 years experience as an HR practitioner
- Experience within a blue-collar, labour management environment advantageous
- Experience with large recruitment campaigns
- South African Labour legislation
- South African security industry legislation
- G4S HR Policy and procedures
- HR systems and practices
- Computer literacy
Skills and Attributes
- Driving change
- Attention to detail
- Delivering objectives
- Delivering strategy
- Collaboration and cooperation
- Financial acumen in cost control and budgets
- Managing Conflict
- Communication Skills (Written and Verbal Skills)
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specializes in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 90 countries and employs more than 540,000 employees, making us one of the world’s largest private employers.
At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognized as the leader in providing security solutions. We, therefore, endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organization that is defined by its values, which are:
We act with Integrity and Respect – Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty, and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers, and those in our care with the utmost respect.
We are passionate about Safety, Security, and Service Excellence. We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork – We invest in technology and best practices to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.