Table of Contents
G4S | HUMAN RESOURCES ADMINISTRATOR (PRETORIA)
Human Resources Administrator:
G4S Cash Solutions has a vacancy for an HR Administrator based in Pretoria and will be responsible for Pretoria, Rustenburg and Boksburg branches.
Reporting to the Regional Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources Administrator provides Human Resources administrative support services within the region, in compliance with legislation and Company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgment in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organization, and understanding the role which support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organization.
Main purpose of the position:
To provide administrative services to the national human resources head office and administer employee benefits and human resources procedures and vetting and screening for Pretoria, Rustenburg and Boksburg branches.
Key performance areas:
Effective performance of employee benefit administrative functions
- Provident Fund Claim administration and submission
- UIF forms administration and submission
- Long service awards administration
- Funeral claim administration and submission
- Assist with employee queries on benefits
Administration of AWOL termination process
- Administer awol telegram procedure in line with guidelines and standardized forms
- Liaise with operations on progress and feedback on AWOL
- Liaise with ER on AWOL report
- Issue termination list to central HR
Effective and accurate maintenance of employee personal files
- Maintain employee files in line with HR policy
- Attend to filing on a regular basis and ensure all documentation is accurately files
- Prepare for audits as required
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Grade 12
- Relevant Human Resources diploma or equivalent
- 2 years’ experience in a related administration role
Knowledge, skills and attributes:
- Relevant experience in an HR Admin role
- Experience in the security industry would be an advantage
- South African Labour legislation
- G4S HR Policy and procedures
- HR systems and practices
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Supporting and working with others
- Computer literacy
- Sharing and Cooperating
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Delivering objectives
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect – Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence – We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork – We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com