G4S | ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE CLERK
Closes: 1 Sep 2021
Accounts Receivable Clerk
G4S Cash Solutions (SA), a leading global integrated cash solutions company, has a vacancy for an Accounts Receivable (AR) Clerk based at our Head Office in Centurion.
Reporting to the National AR Manager, the AR Clerk is responsible for the efficient, timely, and accurate billing and receipting of accounts, including the timely collection of invoices and management of DSO days.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgment in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organization, and understanding the role that accurate administration of accounts plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results-driven and to live the values of the organization.
Regional compliance with Company Finance Policy and procedures applicable to Accounts Receivable relating to Invoicing, Credit notes, and Customer Statements
- Timely and accurate processing of the contract and sundry invoicing as per billing schedule or as per upgrade/downgrade/escalation.
- Correct customer information maintained on the financial system.
- Invoices raised by the 15th of each month for the following period are checked for accuracy and authorized.
- Statements compiled and delivered together with invoices to customers by not later than the 25th of each month.
- Timely and accurate processing of the contract and sundry credit notes delivered together with updated statements to customers.
Regional compliance with Company Finance Policy and procedures applicable to Accounts Receivable administration
- Retention of signed copies of invoices as proof of delivery.
- Retention of minutes of customer meetings with Operations Manager impacting on Accounts Receivable.
- Correct allocation of payments on the financial system, processing deposits received as per daily bank statements.
- In cooperation with the AR Clerk – National Accounts, identify Regional payments on the National Office daily collection spreadsheet, ensuring correct allocation.
- Facilitate the collection of overdue payments
- Transmit/deliver letters of demand where and when applicable
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by the company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at the workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Grade 12 and/or relevant qualification (e.g. Accounting related / Bookkeeping)
- 1 – 3 years relevant working experience
- Good working knowledge of Excel
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of accounting processes
- Customer Service
- Computer literacy – MS Office
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Sharing and cooperating
- Customer Thinking
- Work under pressure
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Attention to detail
- Delivering great customer service
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, but SA citizens will have a distinct advantage.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specializes in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognized as the leader in providing security solutions. We, therefore, endeavor to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organization that is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect – Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence – We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork – We invest in technology and best practices to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.