FS SAPS | Internship Opportunities 2022
Closing Date: 12 November 2021
The South African Police Service hereby invites unemployed graduates who conform to the requirements for a twelve (12) months Graduate Recruitment Scheme at Province: Free State. The Graduate Recruitment Scheme is part of the National Human Resource Development Strategy and the National Skills Development Strategy.
- Be a South African citizen
- Must be in possession of National Senior Certificate or equivalent (NCV L4)
- Must have no previous criminal conviction(s) or case(s) pending
- Applicants must be unemployed, never employed in field of the advertised post and never
participated in an internship programme in the relevant field of the post
- Applicants must be residents of the Province where the post is advertised (proof of
residential address to be attached)
- Applicants are restricted to apply for only three (3) posts and complete a separate
application form for each post reference number.
Intern categories with minimum requirements:
Graduate Intern: Tertiary Qualification is required
Student Intern: Practical experience required by the Tertiary Institution in order for learners to finalise their qualification (letter from the Institution not older than two (2) years must be attached).
NB: STIPEND FOR EACH CATEGORY WILL BE DETERMINED BY THE DIVISIONAL
COMMISSIONER HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT: SOUTH AFRICAN POLICE
SERVICE. The following posts are advertised for consideration in terms of the Graduate Recruitment Scheme in the South African Police Service.
|Crime Analysis Graduate Intern (68 Posts)
Section: Operational Crime Analysis
Location: PC: Bloemfontein [x4]
Be in possession of a three (3) year National Diploma / Degree in Policing / Sociology / Criminology / Social Science, recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) on at least a NQF 6 or higher level.
|Social Work Intern (7 Posts)
Section: Employee Health & Wellness
Location: Thabong Ref Number: FS 36 / 2021
Be in possession of BA Social Work Degree and valid registration with the South African Council of Social Service Professions (SACSSP) and paid up fees for the 2021 / 2022 financial year. Must be prepared to work in a multi-disciplinary team and be able to market Social Work Services. Must be medically, physically and mentally fit. Computer literacy which includes MS Word, MS Power Point and MS Office Outlook will be an added advantage to the applicant.
|Legal Administrative Intern [x4]
Section: Legal Service
Location: Provincial Office Ref Number: FS 43 / 2021
Be in possession of a three (3) years Bachelor of Laws Degree / LLB, recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) on at least a NQF 6 or higher level.
|Language Practitioner Intern (10 Posts)
Section: Vispol Services
Location: Parkweg, Ref Number: FS 44 / 2021
Be in possession of a Degree / Diploma in Communication and liaison specializing in Sign language recorded on the National Learner Record Database (NLRD) on at least a NQF 6 or higher level
|Administrative Student Interns (7 Posts)
Section: Human Resource Management
Location: Wanda Ref Number: FS 54 / 2021
*Be in possession of an applicable N6 certificate in Human Resource Management Public Administration Need practical experience in order to finalize qualification. Must have a letter from the Institution of Higher learning / TVET for experiential learning. Computer Literacy will be an added advantage.
|Administrative Student Interns (04 Posts)
Section: Financial Management Services
Location: Koffiefontein Ref Number: FS 61 / 2021
*Be in possession of an applicable N6 certificate in Financial Management / Business Management / Public Administration. Need practical experience in order to finalize qualification. Must have a letter from the Institution of Higher learning / TVET for experiential learning. Computer Literacy will be an added advantage.
- Only the official application form for the internship programme (available on the SAPS website) will be accepted. All instructions on the application form must be adhered to. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of the application.
- The post particulars and reference number of the post must be correctly specified on the application form.
- A Curriculum Vitae must be submitted together with the application form and proof of residence.
- Certified copies of an applicant’s ID document, Senior Certificate and all post school educational qualifications obtained must also be submitted and attached to every application. Certified copies should not be older than 3 months. No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered
- only certificate of qualifications will be accepted, with statement of results attached.
- All short-listed candidates will be subjected to fingerprint screening.
- Applications must be mailed timeously. Late applications will not be accepted or considered. The closing date for all applications is 2021-11-12.
- If an applicant is short-listed, it can be expected of him / her to undergo a personal interview. Short-listed applicants may be subjected to security clearance.
- Correspondence will be conducted with successful interns only. If you have not been contacted within 2 months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
- The South African Police Service is under no obligation to fill a post after advertisement thereof.
- A stipend will be paid according to proof of relevant qualification.
- Recommended candidates will be expected to sign a 12 month internship contract.
- The Graduate Recruitment Scheme in the SAPS may not be regarded as a guarantee for automatic absorption for permanent appointment.
- The possible Commencement date is 2022-03-01.
How to Apply
Applications Must Be Posted To:
ATT: Col Thulo / LT Col Heilbron / Capt. Lekometsa / SAC Tobo
Private Bag X20501
Hand Delivered To:
Col Thulo / LT Col Heilbron / Capt. Lekometsa / SAC Tobo
TAB Building (3rd Floor)
Corner Charles and East Burger Str
Enquiries Can Be Directed To
Col Thulo / Lt Col Heilbron / Capt. Lekometsa / SAC Tobo (051) 4117839 / 45 / 47