Table of Contents
FOOD SERVICE AID (LEVEL 2) X3
- Reference Number: REFS/015255
- Directorate: Human Nutrition-Food Services
- Number of Posts: 3
- Package: R 104 073.00-R 122 592.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries: Ms. R Thateng Tel No: (012) 318 6410
- Minimum qualification of Grade 12 or equivalent with 1-year experience in hospitality. Foodservice/Hospitality certificate will be an added advantage. Knowledge of basic food preparation and skills. Basic hygiene and safety principles. Good interpersonal relations and communication skills. Must be physically and emotionally fit to cope with the physical demands of the post. Be able to work in a team and under pressure. Be prepared to work shifts (weekends and public holidays). Must be prepared to rotate to different areas within The Food Service unit. Be punctual and willing to undergo continuous training.
- Adhere to safety rules and measures in the food service unit as you perform routine tasks. Operate food service equipment, cook following prescribed recipes and plating/portioning food according to prescribed ration scale, adhere to food safety standards and HACCP rules at all times. Be able to clean all food service equipment including crockery and cutlery. Wash food trolleys and perform general cleaning of the unit.
- APPLICATIONS: Medical surveillance will be conducted on the recommended applicants, at no cost. People with disabilities are welcome to apply. Applications must be filled on a Z83 form accompanied by a curriculum vitae (CV) highlighting or stating the requirements mentioned above, and certified copies of ID and qualifications (not older than 6 months). Applicants must indicate the post-reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Candidates will be subjected to a security screening and vetting process Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. The Department reserves the right to not make an appointment. Candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time and place determined by the Department.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital
Closing Date: 20-10-2022
|Do you have a minimum of Grade 10 to Grade 12 or equivalent qualification?|
|Do you have One (1) year of experience in Hospitality / Food Service?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.