FOOD SERVICE AID (3 POSTS)
- Reference Number : refs/011458
- Directorate : HUMAN NUTRITION
- Number of Posts : 3
- Package : R 102, 534.00 – R 120, 780.00 per annum (Plus Benefits)
- Enquiries : Mrs Weyers 011 470 9405
- Grade 10 with any experience in a Food industry. (Previous experience in food service/food related sector will be an advantage). Knowledge of Hygiene and Safety procedures and processes. Must be fit and healthy for employment. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Time management skills and basic numeracy (e.g. Basic calculations & Knowledge of decimals, measures, etc.). Good verbal and written communication skills – English. Appropriate knowledge of food and food preparation. Awareness of Batho Pele Principles. Should be prepared to work shifts and public holidays. Be willing to work in a team and under stressful conditions. Will be required to rotate to all areas of the Human Nutrition department.
- Ensure proper and effective Food Service/catering service by complying to the production and work schedules, recipes and instructions given by Food Service Supervisor. Maintain and ensure the correct use of Food Service equipment and ensure that breakages are reported immediately. To render quality food provisioning services. Assist with the preparation and catering for functions and events. The preparation of food for normal, therapeutic diets and snacks. Daily dishing up of food and the distribution of meals as per allocated ward. Preparation of fluids diet and feeds in the tube feed area. Perform daily cleaning tasks – routine duties as per work schedule. Applying Hygiene and Safety measures in the area of work according to Hygiene and Safety manual and planned work schedules. To ensure proper utilization of allocated physical and financial resources. To liaise with colleagues, supervisors, managers, patients, and hospital staff where applicable. Be prepared to relieve in all areas of Food Service unit when required. Be willing to undergo continuous training and development programs. Be responsible for all allocated supplies and resources to your section. To adhere to all Food Service policies, procedures and job descriptions at all times. To ensure effective maintenance of equipment and inventories Relevant duties as per job description
- Applications should be submitted on a duly completed new Z83 form obtainable from any government department (the old form is outdated and will not be considered). An updated CV must be attached. Certified copies of ID and qualifications should also be attached (certification should not be more than six months old). Failure to submit all requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Applications should be forwarded to Rahima Moosa Mother and Child Hospital, Admin Building, Cnr. Fuel and Oudtshoorn Street, Coronationville or be posted to Private Bag X20, Newclare 2112. It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC) – verification, upon appointment within the Department. This verification process entails reference checks, identity verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks as well as a credit/financial stability check. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within the OHS Act 85 of 1993. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: RAHIMA MOOSA MOTHER AND CHILD HOSPITAL
Closing Date: 09-07-2021
|Do you have a Grade 10 with any experience in the Food industry?|
|Do you have previous experience in food service/food-related sector?|
|Do you have knowledge of Hygiene and Safety procedures and processes?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.