FNB | Underwriting Specialist C – IRC201223
at 5 First Place, Bank City, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa in FRI Life Ops Underwriting
Ends 29 Jun 2021
- make a promise
- be deeply invested
- value our differences
- build trust, not the territory
- have courage
- always do the right thing
- stay curious and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s Employment Equity plan The Bank actively supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. We recommend that candidates be encouraged to declare their disability and consult the Bank should they require reasonable accommodation.
To provide leadership, support, training, guidance and development to the medical underwriting team to ensure that the team complies with goals, objectives and standards of the organization in order to meet customer satisfaction, deadlines and manage the risk of the organization.
experience and qualifications
• Minimum: Suitable tertiary qualification
• Provide leadership, support and guidance and development to and of the underwriting team and manage the daily operations of the medical underwriting team • Ensure that the medical underwriting team complies with the goals, objectives and standards of the organization in order to meet customer satisfaction, deadlines and risk management • Assessment of the medical underwriting risk of the organization • Creation, implementation, review, testing and maintenance of: Medical underwriting rules, Medical dictionary, and Underwriting questions and trees, Tele – underwriting script • Assist with product and system development • Stipulate guidelines for all underwriting principles • Liaise and implement Re-insurer guidelines and requirements • Assist with underwriting queries at claims stage and assist with complex claims • Identification and provide guidance regarding irregularities/ gaps during the sales process • Attend to underwriting referrals from tee-underwriters • Manual underwriting on complex cases • Attend/ Facilitate training of medical underwriting team • To research and keep up to date with underwriting trends in the market • Reporting to business