FNB | Underwriter – IRC205277
at 5 First Place, Bank City, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa in ST Comp Ops
Ends 10 Sep 2021
- make a promise
- be deeply invested
- value our differences
- build trust, not the territory
- have courage
- always do the right thing
- stay curious and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s Employment Equity plan The Bank supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. In order for us to fulfill this purpose, candidates can disclose their disability information on a voluntary basis. The Bank will keep this information confidential unless we are required by law to disclose this information to other parties.
To apply and design risk management underwriting rules for new businesses to ensure sound risk management is applied at all times.
experience and qualifications
- Minimum: Relevant Diploma.
- Preferred: COP Certificate.
- Minimum: 3-4 relevant experience.
- Understanding of anatomy and physiology, as well as disease risk assessment, is an advantage.
- The broker’s experience is an advantage.
- Needs to have a current retail Underwriter role. No preference on buildings vs motor.
- Sales experience along with Underwriting experience.
- Combined motor knowledge and non-motor knowledge would be highly ideal.
- Underwriter position within the Short-term insurance space
- Ensure candidates are appropriately matched to roles in order to prevent inefficiencies and financial losses due to increased turnover, supervision and/or training.
- Manage cost to income to increase profitability and efficiencies for the business.
- Identify process improvements in order to save costs.
- Identify, control and escalate potential risks which may lead to increased costs.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative and appropriate solutions.
- Ensure Service Level Agreements are met and exceeded.
- Ensure that specific needs of stakeholders are addressed effectively and timeously, within the area of specialization.
- Consistently represent the FNB brand in all customer interactions.
- Identify risks to the company and escalate accordingly.
- Monitor applications to ensure the highlighted risks will not potentially lead to financial loss to the company.
- Liaise with specialists to gain their insight into assessing risks.
- Adhere to policies and procedures and take corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure all risks are mitigated and escalated where necessary.
- Deal with clients in a competent, efficient and professional manner in accordance with the quality standards.
- Assist with underwriting training.
- Gather and assess the background information on applications and calculate the possibility of risks.
- Examine applications to determine the degree of risk and likelihood of a claim.
- Decline excessive risks or imposes additional conditions or premiums on high-risk applications.
- Identify effective activities to address your own development gaps.
- Create own development plan and review plan with the team leader.
- Understand which competencies and skills are required to be mastered to ensure personal development and performance.