FNB | Systems Administrator C – IRC190326
at 4 First Place, Bank City, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa in FNB Commercial CJP IT Development
Ends 30 Oct 2020
- make a promise
- be deeply invested
- value our differences
- build trust, not the territory
- have courage
- always do the right thing
- stay curious and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s Employment Equity plan The Bank actively supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. We recommend that candidates be encouraged to declare their disability and consult the Bank should they require a reasonable accommodation.
Installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring, and maintenance of operating system software and hardware
experience and qualifications
- Relevant IT Degree or Diploma
- 4 years plus related experience
- 5 years’ experience in Linux administration
- Knowledge of Windows Servers advantageous
- Experience working in a large enterprise
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative, and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effective.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers, and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements.
- Ensure scheduled backups are executed, archived, and tested to provide data redundancy and the ability to recover.
- Ensure all application and hardware changes conform to governance and audit requirements by making use of approvals and documentation to ensure system integrity and stability. Participates in internal and external audits, logging, and tracking audit findings.
- Assess the change required by identifying barriers to implementation of new initiatives, and develop strategies and actions to address any barriers and resistance to change.
- Ensure relevant Technology systems available for users and auxiliary systems allowing users to transact. Analysis of usage and hardware performance trends to ensure the scalability of environments.
- Support, manage and maintain relevant application environments through Development, Testing, Training, Production, Disaster Recovery enabling systems development life cycle functions, and disaster recovery. Ensure the successful migration of systems changes as per plan and within the defined release periods. Document changes and ensures signoff.
- Ensures that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the relevant applications are maintained and provides technical support for relevant projects.
- Manage your own development to increase your own competencies.
- Participates and collaborates across teams. Assist internal team members and upskill where relevant.