FNB | Software Architect C – IRC199621
at 3 First Place, Bank City, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa in FNB Premium Core Banking Platform Card IT
Ends 26 Sep 2021
- make a promise
- be deeply invested
- value our differences
- build trust, not the territory
- have courage
- always do the right thing
- stay curious and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s Employment Equity plan The Bank actively supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. We recommend that candidates be encouraged to declare their disability and consult the Bank should they require reasonable accommodation.
To troubleshoot highly complex problems, establish application architectural standards or frameworks, assess IT risks, and design application solutions.
experience and qualifications
- Degree in Information Systems Computer Science or other quantitative disciplines from an accredited institution ie BSc CS Informatics IS etc
- 1 to 2 years related experience
In accordance with National Credit Act (NCA) candidates applying for this role will require a credit record check.
- Drive business profitability in the context of cost management through Information technology solutions
- Reduce cost by helping to prevent an organization from investing in a technology that it will not add to its ability to meet its strategic human capital objectives
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative, and appropriate solutions by resolving queries fast end effective
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers, and senior staff members by providing input to business requirements
- Regularly act as a technical expert to troubleshoot highly complex problems, or present/market new technology or concepts
- Establish architectural standards and frameworks and assess technical risks on projects by operating in conjunction with the other architects (application, infrastructure, information, and security) and with only very general direction from Risk and Governance to translate customer functional requirements.
- Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements for IT Software Solutions
- Provide guidance to operations teams and other architects with the design, development, and testing of new software, and work with assigned project teams to ensure a smooth implementation of changes to existing systems
- Assess process and business risks relating to software business needs to ensure minimal risk to the organization in the IT Software Technology environment
- Assist in the progress of multiple IT Software projects to contribute to business needs and solutions
- Manage own development to increase own competencies
- Display specialize understanding of both Software and IT technology, practices, and theories.