78 / 100
FNB | IT Security Specialist C – IRC190261
at 2 First Place, Bank City, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa in FNB POP IT Risk
Ends 30 Oct 2020
- make a promise
- be deeply invested
- value our differences
- build trust, not the territory
- have courage
- always do the right thing
- stay curious and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s Employment Equity plan The Bank actively supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. We recommend that candidates be encouraged to declare their disability and consult the Bank should they require a reasonable accommodation.
To ensure that the design of IT security architecture, as well as appropriate security controls, are in line with FRG policies, processes, standards, and procedures. The incumbent will also ensure that proper and adequate IT technology and tools are in place to enforce these controls.
experience and qualifications
- Degree or Diploma
- 5-6 years of relevant ICT experience with specific experience in IT Security. The experience should ideally span multiple domains ranging from platform/database to network. A good understanding of networking and associated security vulnerabilities/security controls is essential.
- CISM/ CISSP/ISO27001 certification is required
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in IT Security
- A strong understanding of security issues, terminology, risk, and remedial actions
- Banking /Financial industry working experience is advantageous
- Increase operational efficiency and suggest solutions to enhance cost-effectiveness.
- Deliver exceptional service that exceeds customers’ expectations through proactive, innovative, and appropriate assessments and consultation.
- Cultivate and manage objective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, SME’s, project managers, and senior staff members by providing expert advice and consulting on all aspects of IT security.
- Represent Information Security in the business area under control at various IT Architecture and or Security committees and forums within First Rand Group.
- Support with the aligning to and the implementation of an appropriate security operational strategy for the organization by ensuring that IT Security standards are not only understood but owned by management and employees and ensure that appropriate standards are established and complied with.
- Comply, understand, and all steps for the IT Information Security Processes and Procedures and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements and provide consultation to business with regard to this.
- Identification, management, and information security risks within FNB by assisting in identifying, defining, and maintaining the information security policy and functional standards for FRB.
- Support with implementing control mechanisms, which enables the Information Security Service to have a view of the status of information security within FRB.
- Report on mitigating actions required to correct or remedy actions where necessary and inform FRB Governance structures or Business Units of any significant changes and risk situations.
- Consult to projects in terms of identifying risks, vulnerabilities, and controls for new developments by researching and understanding security best practices and implementation of security products in a corporate environment.
- Perform Security Assessments on internal environments or external 3rd party environments, with the purpose of identifying shortcomings which introduce risk
- Manage your own development to increase your own competencies.
- Maintain current knowledge of the Information Systems security industry’s emerging technologies.