FNB | Information Technology Head B – X2
at 3 First Place, Bank City, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa in FNB Premium Core Banking Platform IDS
Ends 10 Dec 2021
- make a promise
- be deeply invested
- value our differences
- build trust, not territory
- have courage
- always do the right thing
- stay curious and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s Employment Equity plan The Bank supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. In order for us to fulfill this purpose, candidates can disclose their disability information on a voluntary basis. The Bank will keep this information confidential unless we are required by law to disclose this information to other parties.
Interpret the IT strategy to establish the strategic direction by engaging with all information technology partners to execute the strategy. Plan, direct, and coordinate the development, implementation, deployment and operation of information systems and technology solutions for business needs as well as identify and propose new information technologies and systems to improve business processes and decision making.
experience and qualifications
- Related Degree preferably in Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in leading a complex technical team preferably in the Financial Services
- Strategic thinker, able to clearly articulate, communicate and implement a vision for IT.
- Leading a multidiscipline team.
- Sound IT functional knowledge and experience in systems development and IT operations, and good understanding of business processes.
- Able to manage engagement with a wide range of stakeholders.
- A strong relationship builder on all levels in the business.
- Must be service delivery orientated.
In accordance with National Credit Act (NCA) candidates applying for this role will require a credit record check.
- Drive business profitability in the context of cost management through Information technology solutions
- Establish, align and manage target and budget goals whilst ensuring effective control of costs for a range of functional areas to increase cost efficiency
- Actively manages the portfolio of IT-enabled investment programmes to achieve specific strategic business objectives.
- Develop a IT service culture which builds rewarding relationships, proposes innovations and allows others to provide exceptional client service by developing a Group IT Service Model
- Educates management on current technology capabilities and future directions, the opportunities that IT provides, and what the business has to do to capitalise on the opportunities.
- Creates a strategic plan that defines how IT will contribute to the enterprise’s strategic objectives and related costs and risks. Creates a portfolio of tactical IT plans that are derived from the IT strategic plan.
- Comply, understand and implement all steps within IT development and meet governance in terms of legislative and audit requirements
- Plan, direct, and coordinate the development, implementation, deployment and operation of information systems and technology solutions for business needs as well as identify and propose new information technologies and systems to improve business processes and decision making.
- Assesses the performance of existing plans and information systems in terms of contribution to business objectives, functionality, stability and value.
- Responsible for the management and direction of all IT resources in line with the business strategy and priorities
- Ensures that optimal value is realised from IT project and service portfolios.
- Manage own development to increase own competencies
- Develop skills of leaders across the organisation in making effective and efficient use of IT Services to improve business delivery.
- Plan and manage performance, skills development, employment equity, talent and culture of team in order to improve innovation, achieve efficiencies and increase competencies