FNB | Graduate Recruitment Specialist – IRC208886
at 4 Merchant Place, Sandton, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa in FRCC ERM CEO
Ends 11 Nov 2021
FirstRand believes that its people are its single most important resource and will not operate in a sector unless it has people who are right for that market and who share FirstRand’s business values. We recruit self-starters who have a passion for what they do. We empower them, hold them accountable and reward them appropriately. We value diversity in our people, particularly for the way that this contributes to innovative thinking. If you think you will flourish in our environment, and you believe you have the necessary skills and competencies for the position advertised, then we are looking for you! All suitably qualified candidates will be considered. Appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s EE Strategy. The Bank supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. In order for us to fulfill this purpose, candidates can disclose their disability information on a voluntary basis. The Bank will keep this information confidential unless we are required by law to disclose this information to other parties
To advise the business on the recruitment practice to enable the attraction and recruitment of best fit people into vacant positions. To co-ordinate and implement the operational processes involved in graduate talent sourcing function.
experience and qualifications
- The successful candidate must possess a qualification in Human Resources with a minimum of 2-3 years relevant work experience.
- Experience in a graduate programme would be advantageous.
- Project management, interviewing skills, strong administration and / or co-ordination experience is a pre-requisite
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and networking skills across all levels.
- Must possess strong interviewing skills
- Excellent project management and organisational competencies are a key role requirement to ensure the co-ordination and implementation of the Quants and CA Training programme
- Must be organized and methodical, excellent at planning in advance.
- Attention to detail
- Must have a good knowledge of HR policies, processes and procedures to answer general HR queries
- PC literate – MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Work well under pressure and good time management.
There are no additional requirements associated with this vacancy.
- Review of all applications for the CA Training programme, Quants Programme, bursaries and winter school.
- Arrange assessments of suitable candidates.
- Setup and conduct interviews together with business stakeholders.
- Administer letters of employment, bursary agreements.
- Manage the Onboarding process of all successful candidates.
- Help ensure that sufficient numbers of graduates are recruited to meet business demand and that they are of high quality.
- Coordinate and schedule vocational work programmes for a bursary and other students.
- Help organize and administer the winter school/summer school. Involved in the marketing of the programme through:
- Manage relationships with stakeholders at universities; determine appropriate avenues for marketing of the programmes in terms of career days, presentations to students, sponsorship to faculties and winter/summer schools
- Attend career days, presentations
- Ensure that marketing material is prepared accordingly and available for use at marketing events
- Ensure that the recruitment website is relevant, updated, and efficient, complies with regulations and meets the recruitment requirements
- Help prepare presentations on the programme and help deliver to students at universities or career days. Human Capital Management
- Ensure that graduates and line managers complete the performance reviews at the end of each rotation or when they are meeting with the training office. Arrange performance review meetings with each graduate for both the CA and Quants programme
- Arrange frequent networking and team-building sessions for the graduates and other learning interventions as required.
- Help organise the induction programme for the graduates
- Arrange networking and team building session
- Organise payments for SAICA/ ASSA and any other institution
- Process vendor payments
- Manage the administration for bursary students
- Ensure that there is an updated Sharepoint site or similar application which provides all the guidance documents/policies for the graduates and line managers and can be a portal for communication.