FNB | Foreign Exchange Teller E – IRC199191
at Knysna, Kranskop, Western Cape, South Africa in FNB POP Branch Delivery Knysna
Ends 23 May 2021
- make a promise
- be deeply invested
- value our differences
- build trust, not the territory
- have courage
- always do the right thing
- stay curious and you have one simple goal: to improve the lives of customers through simple, effective solutions that meet their needs, contact us today and join a winning team. All appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s Employment Equity plan The Bank actively supports the recruitment and advancement of individuals with disabilities. We recommend that candidates be encouraged to declare their disability and consult the Bank should they require reasonable accommodation.
Provide an efficient and professional service to all international inbound and outbound Travellers through the sales, service, and delivery of International Banking’s travel products and services. Buying and selling of travel products same day and informing the customer of the features and benefits of all travel-related products.
experience and qualifications
- Minimum Qualification: NQF 4 Qualification.
- Preferred Qualification: An appropriate recognized business qualification at NQF level 5.
- An appropriate recognized business degree at NQF level 6.
- A minimum of 12 months Teller / Forex experience.
In accordance with National Credit Act (NCA) candidates applying for this role will require a credit record check. Please note: Preference will be given to suitable/qualifying applicants from the Knysna (Garden Route, WCape) area
- Manage teller’s differences/exchange losses.
- Address customer needs in order to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Identify cross-selling opportunities and generate leads through business identification opportunities and the successful conclusion of these.
- Comply with relevant statutory, legislative, policy, and governance requirements as well as set processes and procedures related to the area of specialization.
- Control of foreign notes and traveler’s cheques.
- Continuously assess own performance, seek timely and clear feedback, and request training where appropriate.