POST 08/113: FINANCIAL CONTROLLER: FINACIAL REPORTING
REF NO: MSD2019/02/06 (X4 POSTS)
Directorate: Financial Management
SALARY: R242 475 per annum (Level 07) plus benefits
CENTRE: Medical Supplies Depot
The applicants must be in possession of a recognised NQF level 6/7 qualification in Accounting or Finance. Knowledge: computer literacy and in particular – MS Office, BAS and PERSAL; Skills: accounting and Financial management and project management skills, High numerical skills Communication: Good verbal and written communication skills; Creativity: Proactive, Innovative thinker and must be able to work under pressure and have a driver’s license.
- The successful candidate will assist the middle manager: financial reporting with the compilation and preparation of GRAP compliant monthly, interim and annual financial statements.
- Maintain properly reconciled accounts up-to-the general ledger in the entities books ie Assets, liabilities, Revenue and Expenditure Accounts.
- Assist with the provision of relevant information to a number of applicable internal and external oversight committees.
- Must apply sound knowledge of generally recognised Accounting Practice (GRAP) standards, public Finance Management Act (PFMA), Treasury Regulations and Supply Chain Management (SCM) policies such as the PPPFA, among other things.
- Make effective use of MS Excels in the generation of numerous financial reports of the entity in a manner that is efficient to financial reporting.
- Use your acquired experience in inventory management system(s) such as MEDSAS but not limited thereof to add value to the entities core business functions.
- Collate all the entity’s financial and Pre-Determined Objectives (PDO) information timeously eg monthly, quarterly and annually for consolidated reporting purposes.
- Ability to supervise staff.
ENQUIRIES: Mr K.M Kasumba Tel No: (011) 628 9141
Applications must be submitted to: Medical Supplies Depot, Human Resource Department, Private Bag X2, Auckland Park, 2006. Hand Delivery at Medical Supplies Depot, 35 Plunckett Street, Hursthill at the Registration Department and sign in register book.
CLOSING DATE: 15 March 2019
NB: please share this with WhatsApp!