Table of Contents
Fidelity | Tactical Security Officers X1
Closing Date 14 July 2023
Tactical Support Officers
National / Regional areas
Positions exist for the use and application of Tactical Support Officers within the Cash in Transit environment to tactically escort Cash in Transit vehicles.
The main responsibilities includes but are not limited to: escorting high-risk vehicles, response to incidents and ability to provide tactical support, monitoring and movement in formations to ensure the protection of assets in transit and communication and reporting of suspicious activity and persons. Officers must be able to work irregular hours, deal with high-risk incidents and consist of the ability to function under stress.
Key areas of responsibility: (Not totally inclusive)
- Grade 10 or 12 is a minimum school qualification.
- Valid PSIRA Grade B/A registration.
- Armed Reaction PSIRA registration.
- Tactical training and related experience are essential.
- Firearm Competent in Handgun and Rifle to Business Purposes – Essential.
- Tactical firearm operational experience or in a similar environment.
- Valid, unendorsed vehicle driver’s license.
- The advanced driving experience is preferable.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Medically and physically fitness assessments will be required.
- Willing to travel when required.
Qualifications, experience, and other competencies required:
- At least 2-3 years’ experience within escorting / tactical escorting of related environment where the carrying of a business purposes firearm was required.
- Clear criminal record.
- Ability to respond and monitor and or deploy in a tactical manner in the protection of assets in transit operations.
- Capability to react within efficient time frames to emergency situations that may escalate in confrontational situations as per the risk of the operational role.
- Administration, interpersonal communication, and customer liaison skills are required.
- Good understanding of the assets in a transit environment.
- Must be able to adopt different tactical strategies in the protection of assets and how to deal with different scenarios.
- Strong communication skills.
- Understanding of the Firearm Control, Criminal Procedures Act.
- Sound understanding of the Assets in a Transit environment.
- Sound understanding of the Security Industry and how to act within the code of conduct of the Group and Regulatory Authority.
- Sound understanding of fundamental elements related to tactical applications of firearms within an operational role.
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position.
Whilst preference is always given to existing employees and the choice made purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates, Disabled Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Security Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.