Fidelity | Services Technician
Reporting to: Field Line Manager
Overall Purpose of the job:
Be able to do the installation of electronic equipment for the security industry at commercial and industrial premises from Access control, CCTV, Fire and
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Matric or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Electronic Security technician
- Programming, wiring, installations and fault finding experience
Job Requirements & Other Attributes:
- Valid code 08 driver’s licence essential
- Must be PSIRA registered (Grade E)
- Basic electronic understanding
- Knowledge of Access control, CCTV, Fire Detection and IP systems
- Knowledge on Impro, Softcon, GSC, Barriers, Turnstiles, Ziton, Bosch and similar products
- Be able to read of plans do reticulation, cabling, termination and installation of electronic security equipment.
- Do fault finding on existing equipment and be able to do servicing on said equipment.
- Able to work standby as and when required
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Program system as per specifications
- Plan the cable runs with the wireman
- Obtain customer codes before attending a call daily and when on Standby
- Complete handovers
- Complete job cards after every installation
- Provide feedback to Manager / Supervisor and Call Centre upon completion of a call
- Keep stock up to date and assist storeman with stocktake
- Keep the company vehicle clean
- Submit petrol slips
- Customer Focus
- Integrity and Trust
- Management relationships
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting.
- Technical Learning
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports the global fair practice and business ethics on the continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.