Table of Contents
Fidelity Services Group | Technical Assistant X3
Closing Date 20 October 2022
Overall Purpose of the job:
To assist service/installation technicians in the installation of electronic equipment for the security industry at commercial and industrial premises from Access control, CCTV, Fire and Automation.
Minimum qualifications and experience:
- Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent qualification
- Technical learner ship
- Basic hand tools certificate or knowledge
- Basic electronics course
- Electronic Security systems training (Access, CCTV, Alarm, Fire, Perimeter)
Job Requirements & Other Attributes:
- Must be PSIRA registered (Grade C)
- Basic electronic understanding
- Hand tool operational requirements to enable drilling
- Basic equipment wiring and connections
- Basic network knowledge
- Alarm/CCTV/Access/Fire equipment replacement or installation
- Pulling of cables network, alarm, electric fence
- Servicing, focusing, maintaining and fault-finding on electronic security equipment
- Trenching and reticulation
Main duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the Installation of electronic devices according to installation standards
- Alignment and installation of electronic security equipment
- Drilling and installation of reticulation
- Cabling and termination of security equipment
- Wiring and looping of electrical fence
- Focusing and cleaning electronic security systems
- Fault-finding cable and equipment when servicing the system
- Customer Focus
- Verbal and written Communication skills
- Integrity and Trust
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Problem Solving and Troubleshooting.
- Technical Learning
We reserve the right not to make an appointment to any advertised position. Whilst preference is given to existing employees at all times and the choice made is purely on merit, Historically Disadvantaged Candidates and Black Female Candidates are encouraged and supported in the FSG team. Whilst black female candidates will be given priority as per our transformation policy subject to the above criteria.
Fidelity Services Group (Pty) Ltd supports global fair practice and business ethics on continuous development of our human capital as the key resource to our success in the markets in which we participate.
Should you not be contacted regarding this position within 10 working days from the closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.