Table of Contents
Faircape | Medical Secretary / Receptionist
Derma Clinic is looking for an organised and professional Medical Secretary / Receptionist to join their team.
Derma Clinic is a Private Practice Management Company specialising in Dermatology.
Their primary objective is to create a platform where doctors can focus on treating
their patients while they handle all other operational aspects.
The business model has proven to be exceptionally successful, hence our current expansion
phase. As part of our growth, we are seeking a dedicated individual to manage and handle
the reception at our Constantiaberg Branch.
Responsible for the following aspects of operation within the establishment:
- Manning the switchboard & taking patient calls
- Greeting patients as they arrive and assisting them with any queries
- Making patient bookings and reminding patients of their upcoming appointments.
- Dealing with payments after the consultation
- Ensure referrals to and from other doctors are communicated to patients
- Handling any queries
- Managing the various diaries for the Dermatologists
- Responding to emails in a timely manner
- Being proactive and addressing issues promptly as they arise
- Alternative tasks from time to time, may be provided at management’s discretion.
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills:
- They value integrity and expect their team members to uphold high ethical standards.
- Integrity, trustworthiness, respect, accountability, professionalism, and openness to continuous learning and improvement.
- Putting patients first is paramount in the organisation. They are looking for someone who is caring, compassionate, and genuinely dedicated to providing excellent patient care.
- This means being approach able, going out of your way to help, and taking initiative when being faced with a problem.
- The role requires strong administrative skills, as you will be responsible for managing various daily tasks.
- This includes the ability to work efficiently and multitask under pressure is essential.
- Proficiency in handling phone calls is crucial for this position.
- The ideal candidate should be confident and effective in communicating over the phone. The emphasis is on kindness and helpfulness within healthy boundaries.
- They are seeking an individual who takes pride in delivering their best results. Striving for excellence is a key characteristic they value.
Forward Thinking & Takes Initiative:
- Anticipating and pre-empting problems before they arise is crucial in the fast-paced
Working hours are Mondays to Thurs 8:00-17:30 (but you may need to stay later on occasion) and Fridays 8:00-14:00, no weekends or public holidays
The salary on offer is between R15 000 – R20 000 negotiable. The amount offered will be dependent on qualifications, experience, and other market-related factors.
Please see the link to their website – https://www.dermaclinic.co.za/
They are looking for someone to start at the end of this month or the start of 1st July 2023.
Only candidates able to start then will be taken into consideration.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.