Table of Contents
Faircape | Driver X2
Inpower, an Intelligent Power Solutions, offers a wide variety of energy solutions to sectional title schemes, and commercial and industrial customers.
Our team has provided power management, backup power, solar energy, and metering and generator solutions to our customers in Cape Town and the surrounding areas and is currently looking for a Driver to assist the team in the refueling of our client’s generators.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
Generator Refuelling Management
- Check fuel and refuel when necessary
- Arrange for the acquisition of diesel supplies and arrange for delivery thereof.
- Keep record of diesel supplied.
- Provide reconciliation of diesel purchase to the diesel supplied
- Provide the necessary amounts that must be invoiced for the supply and delivery of diesel.
- Attend generator failures during normal and after hours.
- Keep record of traveling kilometres and location
- Keep record of WUS vehicle refueling.
- Keep record of when the vehicle needs to be maintained and inform the relevant manager
- Only 50 ppm grade or better shall be ordered and supplied
- Should diesel spillage occur, this shall be cleaned up immediately
- Provide incident reports with regard to spillage and accidental incidents
- Ensure that no diesel rags, papers, or any foreign objects are left behind on the generator
- Assist teams with collections and deliveries
- Monthly cleaning of debris and housekeeping of all generators and bowsers.
Experience and Knowledge:
- 3 years’ experience in a similar job.
- Hands-on experience working on generators
- Good at adhering to strict safety guidelines and cognizant of safety risks
Skills and Attributes
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills
- Availability to travel regularly to different sites
- Valid driver’s licence is essential
- Code 10 advantageous
- Valid driver’s licence with PDP ‘D’ highly advantageous for the delivery of diesel
- The availability to reverse with a browser/trailer will be required.
- Solid and positive references
- Clear health record
- Clear credit record
- No criminal record
You will be required to work 18 shifts per month, Monday – Sunday, 07h00 until 16h00 or 08h00 – 17h00 with a 45-minute lunch break. The successful incumbent must be available to assist after hours should the need arise.
With centrally located and modern offices just across from Cavendish in Claremont, Faircape offers a market-related salary from R 7 000 Cost to the Company per month.
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.