Table of Contents
Faircape | Diesel Technician
The Faircape Group constitutes a group of companies with interests in a number of activities including Healthcare, Retirement Holdings, Telecommunications and an ISP, Utility Management, Generator Management and infrastructure installation, Property Management and related activities.
In power Generators is a subsidiary of the Faircape Group of companies that have been active in the Western Cape market for almost 40 years. In power Generators supply, install, maintain and finance large-scale Commercial and Industrial Diesel Generators
A great opportunity has become available for a Diesel Technician to join our team.
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a dynamic, expanding renewable energy business that has a strong commitment to offering first-rate service.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Emergency Generator Management:
- Complete monthly routine generator inspections and no-load tests.
- Ensure that monthly generator management reports are completed.
- Draft and submit reports for approval and ensure it gets signed off.
- Ensure that the six monthly load tests are done.
- Maintain and arrange schedule for annual services.
- Maintain and arrange schedule for battery replacement.
- Oversee all repairs and maintenance
Generator Refuelling Management:
- Monitoring fuel of all generators and ensuring refuelling takes place.
- Complete reconciliation of diesel purchases.
- Attend generator failures during normal and after hours
- Ensure that the schedule of refuelling generators is followed.
- Arrange for the acquisition of diesel supplies and arrange for delivery thereof.
- Keep record of your travelled kilometres and location to ensure accurate reports can be put together.
- Manage vehicle maintenance when required
Generator Remote Monitoring:
- Complete a daily routine generator monitoring system checks.
- Ensure that newly installed remote equipment and installations are up to standard
- Meet contractors on site to oversee installation
- BSc/BEng/BTech in Mechanical Engineering (advantageous)
Experience and Knowledge:
- Proven experience in a generator management/technician role
- Proven experience with testing and phasing of single and three phase
Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good technical skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Customer service orientated
- Deadline driven
- Attention to detail
- Clear health record
- Clear criminal record
- Clear credit record
- Contactable references
- Valid driver’s license is essential
- Valid driver’s license with PrDP ‘D’ highly advantageous for the delivery of diesel
- The ability to reverse with a bowser/trailer will be required.
We offer Barista produced coffee available all day to all our staff at Claremont.
Normal working hours are Mondays to Fridays from 08h00 until 17h00 with a 45 minute lunch break. The company allows employees, by approval of the direct manager, to work flexi-time between 07h00 and 18h00.
With centrally located and modern offices just across from Cavendish in Claremont, Faircape offers a market-related salary from R 22 000 Cost to Company per month. The amount offered will be dependent on qualifications, experience and other market-related factors.
To see more about Inpower Generators and what we have to offer go and look at our informative website – https://inpowergenerators.co.za/
Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.