Table of Contents
Eskom | Snr Technologist Electrical X14
Position : Snr Technologist Electrical or HVAC Building Services or Control Applications or Project Planning or Integration Tx Engineering Sunninghill and Germiston x14
Vacancy type: External/Internal
Task Grade : P15
Area of Speacialization : The development and support of suitable Technology Strategies, Processes, Standard, Specifications and Designs.
Department : PTM and C Engineering
Business Unit : Engineering
Location : South Africa (Gauteng)
Reference Number : 50813225NLee
Closing Date : 05/07/2023
B Tech/National Higher Diploma/Advanced Diploma in Engineering at NQF7 with 360 Credits
Professional Registration Body: Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA) as Professional Technologist
4 years of Experience in Engineering design, Design integration and Engineering management in Transmission technologies for Substations Engineering design, Overhead line engineering design, Secondary plant engineering design, Protection, Telecommunication, Measurements metering, Civil design and control.
Skills and Competencies
• Customer focused
• Team player
• Motivating teams
• Design codes and standard
• Engineering theory
• Relevant processes, procedure, policies, guidelines and legislation
• Engineering design
• Technical problem solving
• Technical report writing
1. Provides a technical consulting and investigating service for customers.
2. Produces and integrates engineering solutions/ designs for asset creation at various stages in the project life cycle.
3. Develops and approves discipline specific philosophies, technical standards, procedures, work practices and specifications for approval.
4. Manages and conducts product, equipment, material, service and change impact evaluation.
5. Provides input into discipline specific technology vision strategy and direction setting.
6. Conducts discipline specific technology research into new technologies.
7. Participates in national and international technical forums.
8. Provides professional technical leadership for technologists in different disciplines.
iIf you have not been contacted within 28 days after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Eskom is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of Eskom and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups. Eskom reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.