ESKOM – Artisan Fitter and Turner x1-Re-advert
Position : Artisan Fitter and Turner x1-Re-advert(Generation Division) Gariep, Gariep Dam, Border of Eastern Cape and Free State
Vacancy type: Internal
Task Grade : T09
Area of Speacialization : To maintain and repair all mechanical equipment
Department : Maintenance
Business Unit : Peaking Operating Unit
Location : Various
Reference Number : 5000902118ND
Closing Date : 2/12/2020
• Grade 12 or N3 and Trade test (NQF Level Equivalent)
• 2 years’ Apprenticeship training
Skills and Competencies
• Computer literacy
• Authorised as Responsible Person (PSR)
• Basic safety knowledge
• Valid driver’s licence
• Practical experience on Lathe and Milling Machines.
• Experience on Hydraulic and bearing systems.
• Experience in motor alignment.
• Experience in root cause analysis.
• Basic Hydro Plant Knowledge
• Perform preventative and corrective maintenance activities as per plant safety regulations, preventative maintenance plans and maintenance procedures
• Attend meetings
• Attend to equipment care and personal safety
• Perform Standby as per standby roster.
• Must be willing to travel between different peaking sites when required.
“Eskom is committed to equality, employment equity, and diversity. In accordance with the employment equity plan of Eskom and its employment equity goals and targets, preference may be given, but is not limited, to candidates from under-represented designated groups. Eskom reserves the right not to make an appointment to the posts as advertised. Candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply for positions.”