Table of Contents
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH PRACTITIONER (9 POSTS)
Commencing Salary Notch: R359 622.00
CENTRES: Burgersfort , Witpoort , Ha Makuya , Giyani East , Giyani West , Malamulele , Boltman ,Makonde , Niani
A) Qualifications and Competencies
▪ A Senior certificate plus a minimum of Diploma / Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health
▪ Current registration with the Health Professions Council of South Africa [HPCSA] as an Environmental Health Practitioner
A valid driver’s license [Attach Copy].
B) Knowledge and skills
▪ Written, verbal & report presentation skills.
▪ Computer literate.
▪ Knowledge of the Malaria Elimination Strategy
▪ Good record keeping
▪ Asset management
▪ Knowledge of Malaria epidemiology & surveillance. KEY
▪ Visit health facilities to monitor malaria treatment and conduct epidemiological investigations. ▪ Conduct active surveillance
▪ Conduct epidemiological investigations at the community level
▪ Conduct malaria health education sessions
▪ Perform thin and think blood smears and malaria rapid diagnostic tests.
▪ Conduct follow-up visits to treated patients
▪ Identify, map & treat vector mosquitoes breeding sites
▪ Indoor residual spraying: Plan with local structures, train seasonal spray workers and monitor the spray implementation.
CENTRES APPLICATION LINK
Burgersfort  Click here to apply
Witpoort  Click here to apply
Ha Makuya  Click here to apply
Giyani East  Click here to apply
Giyani West  Click here to apply
Malamulele  Click here to apply
Boltman  Click here to apply
Makonde  Click here to apply
Niani  Click here to apply
ADVERTISEMENT O F G R A N T F U N D E D V A C AN T P O S T S IN THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
1. Applicants are hereby invited from suitable qualified candidates for vacant posts.
2. Applications should include a fully completed new Z83 form obtainable from any government institution or at www.dpsa.gov.za and must be accompanied by a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae [CV], Highest qualification and ID copy.
3. Shortlisted candidates will be required to come for an interview, at which time, certified copies of all relevant qualifications and copy of IDmust be submitted.
4. The new Z83 form must be fully completed and signed by the applicant. The following must be considered in relation to the completion of the Z83 by applicants: All the fields in Part A, Part C and Part D must be completed. In Part B, all fields should be completed in full except the following: South African applicants need not provide passport numbers. If an applicant responded “No” to the question “Are you conducting business with the State or are you a Director of a Public or Private company conducting business with the State? If yes (provide detail” then it is acceptable for an applicant to indicate not applicable or leave blank to the question, “In the event that you are employed in the Public Service, will you immediately relinquish such business interest?”. Applicants may leave the following question blank if they are not in possession of such: “If your profession or occupation requires official registration, provide date and particulars of registration”. Noting there is limited space provided for Part E,F & G, applicants often indicate “refer to Curriculum Vitae (CV) or see attached”, this is acceptable as long as the CV has been attached and provides the required information. If the information is not provided in the CV, the applicant may be disqualified. It must be noted that a CV is an extension of the application of employment Z83, and applicants are accountable for the information that is provided therein. The questions related to conditions that prevent re-appointment under Part F must be answered.
5. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only.
6. Applicants responding to this circular should quote circular number and position number as reference on the Z83 application form.
7. The Department reserves the right not to fill any advertised post.
8. To apply, click the link next to the position and follow the instructions.
9. The closing date for applications is 31 July 2023
NB: Kindly note that NO payment of any kind is required when applying for posts advertised in this circular General enquiries about the advertised posts should be directed to Ms Mampshika SM at 015 293 6114, Ms Sebola MF at 015 293 6002 and Ms Sebake RL at 015 293 6426 during office hours