POST 07/08: EMS OPERATIONAL MANAGER (DISASTER MEDICINE)
REF NO: NDOH 1/2019 Chief Directorate: Violence, Trauma and Emergency Medical Services Directorate: Emergency Medical Services and Disaster Medicine
SALARY: R828 507 per annum as per OSD
- An appropriate recognized bachelor’s degree in emergency medical care.
- A valid driver’s licence.
- A National Diploma or bachelor’s degree in Disaster Management would be an added advantage. Registration with the Health Professional Council of South Africa as an Emergency Care Practitioner.
- Sound and in-depth knowledge of the Health Act and the Regulations pertaining to the Act.
- Knowledge and understanding of government policies related to facilities development and planning and related Acts and Regulations.
- Broad knowledge of Public Finance Management Act (PFMA).
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislative framework governing the Public Service.
- Sound and in-depth knowledge of relevant prescripts and applications of Emergency Medical Services as well as knowledge of the Disaster Management Act 57/2002.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Good communication (written and verbal), negotiation, problem solving, policy analysis and development, leadership, planning, organisation and computer skills.
- Develop, facilitate and monitor the implementation of the National Health Disaster Regulations, Policy or Programmes.
- Participate in the management of Government or Non-Government National or International special events.
- Develop, implement and monitor policies for response to National and International Disaster. Participate in co-ordination and facilitation of the implementation of Emergency Preparedness Plan for possible major incidents/disasters within 12 hospitals and the country in general.
- Management of resources (Financial, Physical and Human).
- Management of risk and audit queries.
ENQUIRIES: Mr Raveen Naidoo at Tel No: (012) 395 8211
APPLICATIONS: The Director-General, National Department of Health, Private Bag X828, Pretoria. 0001. Hand delivered applications may be submitted at Reception (Brown application Box), Civitas Building, corner of Thabo Sehume (formerly known as Andries) and Struben streets; Pretoria. FOR ATTENTION : Ms M Shitiba
CLOSING DATE : 11 March 2019 @ 12:00pm Mid-Day
NOTE : Applications should be submitted on form Z83 obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a CV (previous experience must be comprehensively detailed) and certified copies of qualification certificates (including Senior Certificate/Grade 12 certificate regardless of the qualification requirement indicated in the advert), service certificates, including ID and driver’s licence. (certified copies of certificates should not be older than three months) No faxed or e-mailed applications will be considered. Applications received after the closing date and those that do not comply with the requirements will not be considered. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications and national certificates (where applicable) evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to fill the posts. The successful candidate will be subjected to personnel suitability checks and other vetting procedures. Applicants are respectfully informed that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If notification of an interview is not received within three (3) months after the closing date, candidates may regard their application as unsuccessful. The Department will not be liable where applicants use incorrect/no reference number(s) on their applications.
NB: Please share this with WhatsApp