POST 04/94: DRIVER
REF NO: 150219/21 (X2 POSTS) NWRI Central Operations Nooitgedacht and Maintenance
SALARY: R115 437 per annum (Level 03)
CENTRE: Jericho Dam (Usutu River)
- A Grade 10 certificate or equivalent.
- A Driver’s License Code 10 with valid PDP (attached certified copies).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience in driving services and transporting people.
- Communication and writing skills needed as well as ability to work in a team.
- Knowledge of procedures, processes and structures. Basic knowledge of government regulations, practices notes, circulars and policy frameworks.
- Client orientation and be customer focus.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- An understanding and commitment of government objectives, policies and programmes.
- Good client orientation and customer focus.
- Knowledge of National and Provincial Road Traffic Act will serve as an added advantage.
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience in driving.
- Responsible for transporting of personnel.
- Routine maintenance of vehicles.
- Routine inspection on visible defects around the exterior of the vehicles.
- The monitoring of various fluid levels.
- Monitor the utilisation of vehicles.
- Attend to special requests.
- The recording of fuel and fluids levels.
- Function in accordance with applicable legislative requirements.
- The recording of operations of the vehicles.
- The delivery and collection of passengers.
- The periodic checks on vehicles maintenance standards.
- Ensure the safekeeping of vehicles.
ENQUIRIES: Mr ME Sehume Tel No: (017) 846 6000
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X 1004, Usutu River, Amsterdam, 2375.
ATTENTION: Thomo K.E
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment. The candidate must be medically fit.