Table of Contents
Discovery | Skills Development Administrator Internship 2024
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As a global thought leader, Discovery is passionate about innovating to not only achieve financial success but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
Key Purpose of the role
To assist with the administration of all Learnership, Internship and Skills Development Programmes.
Areas of responsibility may include but are not limited to
Learnerships, Internships and Skills Programmes
- Support the Skills Development Coordinator.
- Assist with INSETA grant applications – completion, filing, submission and upload of learner information onto SETA MIS.
- Resolution of SETA queries
- Learnership, Internship and Skills Programme progress and closure reporting.
- Manage room bookings.
- Scheduling of meetings and training sessions.
- Compile monthly training schedules and circulate to all learners.
- Liaise with regional coordinators, training provider, INSETA & BANKSETA administrators.
- Assist with recruitment if required.
- Learner support
- Participate in Skills Development projects when required.
Learning Management Administration
- Capture and maintain training stats on Discovery Learning Management System.
- Record keeping.
- Assist with the collation and clean-up of training data for ATR and WSP annual reports.
- Assist SDF during BBBEE audits.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Good attention to detail and levels of accuracy
- Sets high standards for quality and quantity and works in a systematic, methodical and orderly manner.
- Time management and planning skills
- Speaks fluently and writes in a well-structured and logical manner.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
Ability to work independently and in a team-orientated environment
- Service-driven, a sense of urgency and a team player.
- Adapts to changing circumstances and handles criticism well and learns from it.
- Innovative/ critical thinking/ and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience
- Relevant HR/Business Admin qualification
- Honours in HR are advantageous.
- 1-year work experience in an HR/Training department