Table of Contents
Discovery Health | Trainer X1
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As a global thought leader, Discovery is passionate about innovating to, not only achieve financial success but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
Key Purpose of the role
Training of Financial Advisors and Broker Consultants through first level initial support and ongoing proficiency training sessions and post-launch training sessions.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
The successful candidate will be required to, but not limited to, the following key outputs:
- Provide regular product, systems and practice management training sessions to Financial Advisors and Broker Consultants
- Research, develop and implement advanced workshops on product, systems, and processes
- Travel as and when required to conduct the training
- Build key relationships with various stakeholders
- Implementation of assessments to establish competency
- Monitoring the effectiveness of training to ensure optimal learning and development
- Continuous development of knowledge and skills related to products and financial planning and incorporating this into learning interventions
- Ensure that information, questions, and feedback that transpire during learning interventions are fed back to the relevant areas in the business
- Facilitate and train virtually using key virtual training principles
Personal Attributes and Skills
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Passion for financial planning and the financial services industry
- Continuously gains knowledge about products and financial planning to operate on an expert level
- Takes initiative and works under own direction as well as has the ability to work in a team
- Takes responsibility for actions, projects, and people
- Motivates and empowers others
- The ability to mentor and coach fellow team members
- Upholds ethics and values; demonstrates integrity.
- Easily establishes good relationships with customers and relates well to people at all levels.
- Gains clear agreement and commitment from others by persuading,
- Consistently achieves all goals.
- Works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary.
- Analytical thinking ability: the ability to split a task or problem into relevant components and use these logically and systematically to reveal all the implications of the consequences of situations.
- Communication skills: able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Reporting skills: ability to consolidate information and compile reports reflecting the necessary relevant information.
- The ability to communicate logically and objectively is essential to this role.
- Assertiveness coupled with flexibility and adaptability.
- Retain formally and professionally.
- Attention to detail.
- Highly organised.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Expresses opinions, information, and key points of an argument clearly.
- Makes rational judgments from the available information and analysis.
- Probes for further information or greater understanding of a problem.
- The ability to excel in a highly pressurized environment and a high-performance culture.
Education and Experience
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.