Discovery Health | Telesales Consultant 2021
VAPS Telesales consultant
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating in order to not only achieve financial success but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
About Discovery Insure
Discovery Insure is committed to creating a nation of great drivers and building better businesses. Our commitment is backed up by our innovative Shared-Value Insurance model that really works.
At Discovery Insure, we offer comprehensive car and home insurance with no excess on theft, hail, hijacking and malicious damage. With our driver behaviour programme, Vitality Drive, clients get great rewards and benefits for driving well.
Discovery Insure is an environment of individuals who are committed to putting our customers first clients, innovation and great people.
Identify and sell the appropriate Value Added and Ancillary Products (VAPS) from Discovery Insure to its customers.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Selling short term insurance Value-added and Ancillary products for Discovery Insure
- Meeting sales targets
- Capturing and activating VAPS sales accurately and timeously
- Maintaining accurate details and statistics of all sales
Personal attributes and skills
- Takes initiatives and work under own direction
- Adapts to the team and works well in a team environment
- Easily establishes good relationships with people
- Writes and speaks fluently, clearly, correctly and convincingly
- Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly and avoids unnecessary use of jargon or complicated language
- Develop job, product knowledge and expertise through continuous professional development
- Produce a range of solutions to problems
- Manages time effectively and works strategically to realize individual and organisational goals
- Focus on customer needs and satisfaction
- Follow policies and procedures
- Work productively in a pressurized environment
Qualification & Experience
• Matric (Essential)
• FAIS Credits – full qualification (Essential)
• RE 5 qualification (Essential)
• Class of business certificate (Essential and/or advantageous)
• Continuous Professional Development (CPD) certificate (Essential and/or advantageous)
• 2 years’ call centre experience in the short term insurance industry (Essential)
• 2 years’ client profile and needs analysis in the short term insurance industry (Essential)
• 2 years’ sales experience in a VAPS sales environment (Essential)
• Degree (Advantageous)
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.