Discovery Health | Microsoft Specialist 2021
Discovery’s core purpose is to make people healthier and to enhance and protect their lives. We seek out and invest in exceptional individuals who understand and support our core purpose, and whose own values align with those of Discovery. Our fast-paced and dynamic environment enables smart, self-driven people to be their best. As global thought leaders, Discovery is passionate about innovating to not only achieve financial success but to ignite positive and meaningful change within our society.
The main function of the Windows Hosted Services team is the implementation and maintenance of the end-to-end messaging systems. Core infrastructure services included in this portfolio are Microsoft Exchange, O365, Ironports, Skype for Business and Enterprise Vault etc.
Areas of responsibility may include but not limited to
- Participate in the creation of the overall multi-year road map and strategy
- Ticket Resolution within require SLA
- Attend to 3rd and 4th line incident and problem escalation
- Support complex hosted installations of Microsoft Exchange, O365 Exchange Online, and Enterprise Vault
- Reviewing, testing, and applying patches to applications.
- Perform day to day operation of O365 Exchange Online/Exchange/EV environments which includes change, release, performance, and availability management
- Provide Advanced operational support and troubleshooting of system infrastructures
- Develop Advanced PowerShell and VB scripts as required.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
Education and Experience
- 8+ years of relevant industry experience in an enterprise environment
- 8+ years working primarily with Exchange, Exchange Online, and Enterprise Vault
- 3+ years experience in M365
- 2+ years working as a senior resource in an enterprise environment
- Experience with Cisco IronPort, Cloud Services (Advantageous)
- MCP/MCITP/MCSE – Exchange
- O365 Certification
The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.