Table of Contents
Dis-Chem | Handyman X14
Dis-Chem Pharmacies Distribution Centre in Longmeadow has an opportunity available for a Handyman to join the team. The main purpose of this role will be Assist with general plumbing, electrical, welding, carpentry, repairs and maintenance of building and surroundings. Assist Plumber / Electrician as and when required.
- Grade 12 / Matric
- Minimum 1 – 2 years’ experience in building maintenance
- Experience in warehouse environment
- Assist with general maintenance and repairs on the premises (both equipment and facilities).
- Respond in a fast and efficient manner to equipment breakdown or facilities repair / maintenance.
- Assist with first-line trouble shooting in terms of repairs and facilities, including, but not limited to plumbing, electrical, welding, carpentry, and general repairs.
- Assist with analysing maintenance / repair requirement and identify appropriate tools, materials and / or technical support required to repair.
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations by assisting up ventilation and other systems and conduct repairs when necessary.
- Ensure all defects are repaired timeously and remain in a safe condition in accordance of Health and Safety regulations.
- Perform welding repairs to steel gates and fencing.
- Install and maintain notice boards and shelving.
- Perform other maintenance duties as requested.
- Assist with troubleshoot, repair, inspect, and maintain plumbing equipment including, but not limited to faucets, lavatories, toilets, flush valves, sinks, water heaters, drinking fountains, domestic water heaters and boilers, garbage disposals, backflow devices, valves, and water meters.
- Assist with interpretation of blueprints and build specifications to map layout of pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials.
- Assist with installation and maintain other plumbing equipment, such as sinks, toilets, and water heaters.
- Housekeeping must be in accordance with Dis-Chem standards.
- Adhere to Dis-Chem Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Adhere to Health and Safety rules and regulations and comply with plumbing codes.
- Adhere to Dis-Chem uniform and personal appearance policy.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety regulations. Understanding of general maintenance such as electrical, plumbing, and other systems.
- Approach problems in a rational and intellectual manner Able to ulti-task their activities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with an ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented environment.
- Manage time effectively
- Numerical Skills
- English – Read, write and speak well
- 2nd Additional language.
Special conditions of employment:
- South African citizen
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- Driver’s license and/or own reliable transport
- Must be willing to be rotated to where needed and must be willing to perform any other function within the department, should the need arise
- Physical demands include walking and standing, climbing, kneeling, push and pull objects, lift and move objects , repetitive bending.
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market related salary
- Medical aid
- Provident fund
- Staff account
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN`T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Pharmacies is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem’s approved Employment Equity Plan and targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.
CV Templates to use in South Africa 2022
These are the most good-looking designs of CV or Resume Template you can use presently in South Africa. All you need to do is to download the CV template and fill in your information as shown on the template and save it as a Microsoft document and you can start mailing it or printing it. We are going to keep on updating you with some newer or latest templates for CVs so you can apply for your careers today.