Table of Contents
Dis-Chem | Data Capturer – Fixed Term X1
Dis-Chem Pharmacies has a fixed term position for a Data Capturere at their Head Office in Midrand. You will be required to capture information from hard copies and various other sources to electronic system, i.e. excel and the learning management system and to ensure that the information that is captured is accurate and in good standard.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enter information from documents to be stored and transmitted.
- Consistently check work for accuracy and completeness.
- Complete forms and edits current information.
- Reads the information and keys the data into the necessary fields.
- Compare the entered information with the source to identify errors and correct.
- Separates information into different sections to categorise and identify certain characteristics.
- Assist in developing templates for use by the organisation to streamline the capturing of information.
- Responsible for storing and filing completed information and maintaining records of work tasks and completed documents.
- Performs many different administrative tasks such as word processing, filling out paperwork, and maintaining records and files.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS), Administration and SAP.
- Basic understanding of problem solving: Ability to find solutions to potential issues as well as know when to escalate the problem and what level to escalate it to.
- Basic mathematic skills: Comprehend fundamental arithmetic such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
- Basic knowledge of finance: Ability to calculate unit cost.
- Strategic thinking: Ability to have a clear vision about what needs to be achieved.
- Ability to clearly convey ideas and facts verbally using language.
- Understands and learns from what others say.
- Ability to locate, interpret, enter and use text or visual information such as symbols, numbers, letters and images in various formats.
- Grasps the meaning of information written in English.
- Conveys ideas and facts in writing using language the reader will best understand.
- Teamwork / Collaboration: Promote cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and deliverables. Interact with people effectively. Able and willing to share and receive information.
- Diligently attends to details and pursues quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Constantly deliver correct or precise work.
- Ability to ensure that all the necessary or appropriate parts of the work is included.
- Demonstrating an underlying drive to ensure that quality is not compromised. It includes the identification and maintenance of standards to meet the needs of the company, together with a desire for accuracy and order.
- Corrects mistakes and takes action to ensure they do not re-occur.
- Accountability & Dependability: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and achieves results with little oversight.
- Ability to sticks to commitments.
- Maintains confidentiality and meets own commitments. Adheres to organisational policies and procedures
- Maintains high level of productivity and self-direction.
- Discipline: The ability to adjust to existing rules, procedures and policy.
- Excellent typing, data capturing and filing skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office, advanced MSExcel and basic SAP.
Special Conditions of Employment
- South African
- MIE, clear criminal and credit
- reliable transport
Remuneration and benefits:
- Market Related Salary
ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED. IF YOU HAVEN’T BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN TWO WEEKS AFTER THE CLOSING DATE CONSIDER YOUR APPLICATION AS UNSUCCESSFUL.
Dis-Chem Baby City Group is an equal opportunity employer. Dis-Chem Baby City Group approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process aligned to Dis-Chem’s Employment Equity & Transformation Strategy. Dis-Chem Baby City Group actively supports the recruitment of People with Disabilities.