POST 06/02: DIRECTOR: FINANCIAL ADMINISTRATION
REF NO: 2/DAC/2019
Office of the Chief Financial Officer
SALARY: R1 005 063 per annum (An all-inclusive remuneration salary package), consisting of a basic salary (70% of the total remuneration package), State’s contribution to the Government Employees Pension Fund (13% of basic salary) and a flexible portion that may be structured in terms of applicable rules and guidelines. The position is based in Pretoria. This is a re-advertisement.
Applicant who previously applied are encouraged to still apply for the post.
- The applicants must be in possession of a (NQF Level 7) qualification as recognized by SAQA in the field of Financial Management or equivalent qualification.
- Strategic and leadership capabilities.
- Management and leadership skills, computer skills, problem solving skills, good communication and interpersonal relations, strategic planning, stakeholder relations, numeracy and entire controls.
- 5 years of experience at middle/senior managerial level, preferably in the Public Service. Knowledge of policies such as PFMA, Traveling, debt recovering Policy, Petty Cash, Suspense Accounts Policy, Salary Advance Policy, Dona funding Policy, Band ad Cash Management policy) Adequate experience in financial administration, bookkeeping and reporting.
- The successful candidate’s responsibility will be to manage and provide effective and efficient financial services to the Department.
- Establishment of a system of internal control to mitigate risks, including the segregation of duties.
- To provide effective and efficient financial administration services to the Department and ensure that all financial transaction is accounted for accurately and timely during specific financial year.
- Conducting regular reviews of existing fees, tariffs etc. relating to revenue accruing to the relevant revenue fund.
- Compile interim and annual financial statement.
- Ensuring that the Department monthly expenditure is in accordance with cash flow projections Establishment age analysis reports and effective processes to collect outstanding debts. Establishment age analysis reports and effective processes to settle liabilities within 30 days. Ensure the implementation of PFMA treasury regulation and compliance thereof. Liaise with stakeholders, External and Internal auditors.
ENQUIRIES: Ms N Ngcama Tel No: 012 441 3430
Please forward your application, quoting the relevant reference number and
the number and the name of this publication to: The Director: Human Resource
Management, Department of Arts and Culture, Private Bag X897, Pretoria,
- Applications can also be hand delivered to the Department of Arts and
Culture, Sechaba House (previously known as VWL Building), 202 Madiba
Street, cnr Madiba and Paul Kruger Streets, Pretoria
CLOSING DATE: 01 March 2019, 16:00
NOTE: Applications are hereby invited from suitably and qualified person to apply for
the following post(s). Applications must be submitted on Form Z83, obtainable
from any Government department or online at www.gov.za. All sections of the
Z83 must be completed and signed and the application form should be
accompanied by a comprehensive CV (including two recent and contactable
referees) and Original Certified Copies of the applicant’s ID and educational
qualifications. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications
evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA) prior to the
selection process. Applicants applying for more than one post must submit a
separate form Z83 (as well as the documentation mentioned above) in respect
of each post being applied for. If an applicant wishes to withdraw an application
it must be done in writing. Failure to submit the required documentation will
automatically disqualify applications. No faxes or e-mails will be accepted. The
Department reserves the right not to fill the above-mentioned post(s). The
successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract and
sign an annual performance agreement. All short-listed candidates will be
subjected to personnel suitability checks and the successful candidate will
have to undergo full security vetting. All applicants are required to disclose
memberships of boards and directorships that they may be associated with.
The successful candidate will have to annually disclose his/her financial
interests. Identified candidate(s) for the SMS will be subjected to a
Government specific competency assessment as well as a technical practical
exercise as part of the selection process