Department of Health | Laundry Worker (LEVEL 2)
- Reference Number: REFS/008405
- Directorate: Support Service
- Number of posts: 1
- Package: R 102 534.00 per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries: Ms. G.T Simba Tel No: (011) 489 0074
- Minimum of Grade 10-12 or equivalent (ABET). Ability to do physical labor, ability to liaise with all stakeholders. knowledge of government policies. Competencies: Must be physically and mentally fit. Must be able to read, write, and Team player. Should have good interpersonal skills.
- Store, stock, and issue or distribute bed linen and uniforms in the hospital. Collect or receive and segregate, count, and record the number of items of soiled linen and uniforms for repair or laundry, and place items in containers. Examine laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability. Stamp items with identifying marks. Store laundered items on shelves, after verifying numbers and types of items. Count and assemble laundered items on cart or linen truck, record amounts of linens and uniforms to fill requisitions, and transports carts to floors. Conduct monthly and yearly inventories to identify items for replacement. Keeps linen room in clean and orderly condition. Mend torn articles with needle and thread or sewing machine or send articles to SEWER, LINEN ROOM. Execute all legal instructions by the Supervisor / Management.
- Applications must be submitted on a new version of Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s, Identity document (no copies of certified copies allowed, certification should not be more than six months old). N.B. Failure to attach relevant certified documents will result in your application disqualified. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within the OHS Act 85 of 1993 and security clearance check with South African Police Services or other relevant state agencies, reference check and verification of qualifications will be conducted. Applications must be hand-delivered to the Human Resource department, Helen Joseph Hospital, No. 1 Perth Road Auckland Park, Basement, Johannesburg. (There is also a dedicated box at the hospital entrance – ask Security Officers on duty for assistance). Alternatively, applications can be posted to Helen Joseph Hospital Private Bag X 47, Auckland Park, 2006; Attention: Human resource department.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Helen Joseph Hospital
Closing Date: 09-04-2021
|Do you have a minimum of Grade 10-12 ABET or equivalent?|
|Are you able to read and write?|
|Are you physical and mentally fit?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.