23 June, 2021
De Beers Group | Senior Training Officer – Fixed Term Contract (36 Months)
Join us at our Venetia Mine Operation to perform the role of Senior Training Officer by providing the focal point for subject matter expertise and best practice in all areas of underground mechanized mining for trackless mobile equipment training and assessment.
Help us look after our people.
We want our people to make a positive difference in their lives, their teams, and their communities. That means investing in development and encouraging collective ambition because inclusive teams build trust and deliver positive results.
Inclusive, supportive, and innovative – come and be part of our brilliant future.
After all, we’re the world’s leading diamond company – a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion, and knowledge of our people.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who spark fresh thinking and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide you with space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
The role is responsible for providing occupationally directed and other learning activities that enable and enhance the knowledge, practical skills, and work experience and behavior of individuals and teams based on current and future occupational requirements for optimal organizational performance and sustainability. Ensure adherence to regulatory requirements in the underground Technical Training section.
KEY RESULT AREAS:
As a Senior Training Officer you will be responsible for;
- Responsible for adherence to all Legal and Mandatory Compliance
- Moderate portfolios of operators prior to submission to the Engineer
- Plan and manage daily activities of trainers and trainees
- Training Standardisation implementation
- Apply Policies and Procedures
- Internal reporting on progress
- Implement corrective actions stemming from audit findings
- Manage direct reports and trainees
- Verify contractor Legal Compliance
- Responsible to maintain the applicable area of the ISO 9001 QMS for underground training
- Responsible for all TMM (Trackless Mobile Machinery) training execution in underground mining
- Responsible to ensure Record-Keeping Systems comply with DBCM Standards
- Responsible for Skills transition to Underground in area of expertise
- Ensuring that statutory training requirements are met
- Evaluating training and development programmes
- Amending and revising programmes as necessary, in order to adapt to changes occurring in the work environment
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of e-learning material related to TMM (Trackless Mobile Machinery)
- Responsible for the design, development, and production of training materials, documents, and manuals to ensure consistency and quality of content and delivery to meet the specific needs of training programmes
- People Management
This role is in the Human Resource Department and is at a 7 level reporting to the Technical Training Manager.
- Grade12/N3 or relevant NQF level 4 qualification.
- A higher certificate in OD ETDP (L5) will be advantageous.
- ISO 9001/2015
- Internal Auditor – will be advantageous.
- Registered assessor and moderator.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a TMM (Trackless Mobile Machinery) Trainer in an underground massive mining environment
- In-depth knowledge and experience in all underground TMM (Trackless Mobile Machinery)
- Supervisory experience
- Track record with regards to managing TMM (Trackless Mobile Machinery) operator training and assessment
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness Certificate) for underground work including HTS
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record verification and qualifications verification
- Experience in legal compliance to my Health and Safety Act (training requirements).
- Experience in certification of a Training Centre in terms of ISO 9001:2015 (QMS) and MQA accreditation.
- Experience in content development will be a definite advantage.
- Advanced computer literacy skills in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to communicate well to all levels of employees and management and demonstrating leadership skills.
- Ability to present training information to all levels of employees.
- Advanced understanding of all underground mining processes, equipment (specifically TMM) standards, and best practices.
Who we are
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers, and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations, and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities, and partners.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How to apply
- For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach a detailed CV. This form must be accompanied by a signature from your immediate line manager and Head of Department, failure to do so would render your application invalid
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
Submit applications on or before the CLOSING DATE: 28 June 2021