De Beers Group | Senior Survey Officer X2
Join us as a Senior Survey Officer requires the incumbent to do physical surveying and assist the operation in the survey section, ensuring that the required standards are provided, adhered to, and meet the objectives of the Survey Section of Venetia.
You’re not just managing the process. You’re realizing potential.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast-growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways, and airports, and our diamonds fulfill people’s dreams.
Venetia Mine is an asset in the Anglo-American portfolio with a strategic and commercial imperative to achieve the business objectives. Open-pit operations are due to continue for the next four years when the mine will commence transitioning to an underground operation. Early duties would include commissioning related functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Perform Tertiary Surveys
- Perform basic Total Station and GPS Surveys
- Month-end tachometric surveys and level profiling
- Compile survey layouts as per code of practice
- Supervise the Staking and reducing drilled and “as drilled” on UG tunnels,
- Underground Boreholes and surface infrastructure (Dams and Civil) surveys
- Quantifying weekly/monthly production and compiling monthly production reports,
- Perform both surface and underground survey functions and liaising with customers,
- Guidance and mentoring subordinates.
This role is in the Technical Services Department at Band 7 and reports to the Survey Manager.
- Advanced Chamber of Mines (Survey and Valuation) Certificates or National Diploma in Mine Surveying
- Grade 12 certificate / Standard 10 / N3 or equivalent NQF level 4 qualification
- National Higher Diploma in Mineral Resources Management – advantageous
Please attach all certificates.
- Minimum of two Years relevant Mine/Land surveying experience (Underground would be advantageous)
- Microstation or CAD Knowledge experience – advantageous
- Experience on Leica, Maptek, Trimble, and Modelmaker Software and Hardware – advantageous
- Measuring techniques including Global Positioning Surveys – advantageous
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a globally diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal, and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate, and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfill their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.
Closing date: 21 June 2021