De Beers Group | Artisan X12
DE BEERS GROUP – THE WORLD’S LEADING DIAMOND COMPANY
We are the world’s leading diamond company – a unique, luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
As we embark on a journey to accelerate the transformation of our business into one that is better positioned to realize the opportunities ahead of us, we welcome and encourage diverse perspectives from those individuals who spark fresh thinking and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
We’ll provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions and – working together – you’ll help us realize our own ambition to be the pioneer of a new diamond world.
The Kimberley Micro diamond Laboratory (KMDL) is a unique facility focused on safely recovering micro diamonds through the use of specific chemical processes.
The Artisan is critical in ensuring equipment availability and that the facility is fit and proper to enable the safe execution of work activities. The KMDL is a part of De Beers Exploration and is a declared Major Hazard Installation (MHI).
The purpose of the Artisan is to Maintain, repair, modify and install all non-specialist plant and site equipment in the facility as directed with the aim of ensuring availability of equipment for improving quality and productivity. This is to be achieved by at all times maintaining the highest safety and environmental standards. The Artisan will assist with design, construction, and commissioning projects as and when required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain and repair equipment on-site and order spares as needed.
- Provide technical direction to employees on requested treatment equipment.
- Make recommendations on process improvements and implement as approved.
- Monitor the functioning of treatment and laboratory equipment.
- Ensure maintenance is performed according to schedules and assist with repairs and maintenance issues as required.
- Calibrations on flow meters; signs off job cards on completion.
- Ensures relevant work permits are available, completed before carrying out work e.g. Hot Work, Lockout, Confined space.
- Ensure allocated equipment registers are in place and that checklists are completed per schedule i.e. workshop portable equipment, lifting equipment.
- Grade 12 with relevant experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Trade Certificate in either of the following disciplines: Fitting & turning / Boiler making / Millwright
- Proven track record in Repair and Maintenance from processing plant environment and/or laboratory environment.
- Working experience in plastic welding, pneumatics, hydraulics, and/or mechanics would be advantageous.
- Experience in working with ISO systems (ISO 9001, 17025, 45001 & 14001) would be advantageous.
- The computer is literate with MS Office Software.
- Knowledge operating mobile machinery would be advantageous.
Who we are:
Established in 1888, De Beers Group is the world’s leading diamond company with unrivaled expertise in the exploration, mining, sorting, valuing, selling and marketing of diamonds. Together with our joint venture partners, we operate in more than 20 countries across six continents.
We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
We build partnerships and connect with our people and their communities to make a positive contribution to the wider world. We’re constantly developing new ways to make an impact and build a beneficial legacy. We call it ‘Building Forever’ – it’s fundamental to our pioneering spirit and the purposeful way we do business.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high-performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfill their potential.
Closing date: 10 December 2021