De Beers Group | Artisan Electrician Urgent Work X3
Inclusive, supportive and innovative – come and be part of our bright future at Venetia! South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine is currently being developed underground. This opportunity allows you to be part of one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country.
The Engineering Trackless Mobile Machinery (TMM) Artisan Electrician in the VUP area necessitates a suitably qualified incumbent who will be required to maintain and assist in the operation of TMM equipment and systems according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications.
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment that fosters individuality, inclusivity, and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan activities in accordance with production schedules and allocation of resources as required.
- Assist in ensuring that TMM electrical equipment and electrical installations meet the required designs, installation and maintenance standards.
- Ensure that all assessments of potential hazards for the operation of equipment and installations are undertaken in accordance with procedures.
- Maintenance and repairs of all TMM electrical equipment in the underground, specifically with regards to the following: Drill Rigs (DD320, DD321, DD321, DD420, DD421 & DD422i), Cable Bolters (DS421, DS422i & DS412i), Roof Bolters (DS411), Maclean Bolter (946) etc.
- Ensure fixed, mobile and transportable TMM electrical equipment associated with hot work or live testing, installed or operated are suitably certified in line with operational standards.
- Ensure that equipment is suitable for use in the underground mine.
- Ensure that the maintenance and overhaul of TMM electrical equipment installed and/or operated or intended to be installed and/or operated is in accordance with relevant standards.
- Align with planned maintenance, including the maintenance of relevant records for all electrical equipment and electrical installations in the area of responsibility.
- Adherence to policies and procedures.
- Ensure effective communication to relevant stakeholders to minimize production delays.
- Upholding of safety, health and environmental standards to achieve ZERO HARM.
- Training and development of subordinates.
This role is in the VUP Engineering department at a CL level reporting to the Senior Engineering Foreman.
- Grade 12 / N3 / Equivalent NQF Level 4 qualification with pure Mathematics and Physical Science
- Relevant Trade Certificate Electrician
- Minimum 3 years continuous experience in TMM electrical maintenance in an underground mine.
- Sound knowledge in the maintenance, repairs and fault finding of the following TMM equipment: Drill Rigs (DD320, DD321, DD321, DD420, DD421 & DD422i), Cable Bolters (DS421, DS422i & DS412i), Roof Bolters (DS411), Maclean Bolter (946) etc.
- Strong electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Planning and control of maintenance schedules as per SAP PM.
- Valid EB / Code 8 Drivers License
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, callouts, and work overtime
- Successfully obtain a Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground
- Your consideration for employment is subject to:
o SAPS Criminal Record verification and a valid EB / Code 8 Drivers License.
o Qualifications Verification.
o Relevant Psychometric and Technical Assessments
Who we are
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high-performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfill their potential.
How to apply
- To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing date: 19th July 2021