DATA CAPTURE LEVEL 5
- Reference Number: Refs/012239
- Directorate: Information Management Unit
- Number of Posts: 1
- Package: R 173,703.00 per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries: Mr. T Serumula Tel: 011 411 3839
- Grade 12 proficient in the use of computer i.e. Ms packages (Ms Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Experience in data management systems will be an added advantage. Sound knowledge of National Health Programme Strategies, priorities, data elements and indicators will be added advantage. Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders, ability to work under pressure. Ability to handle information confidentially. Ability to communicate well with people at different levels. Knowledge and application of Batho Pele Principles. Sound verbal and written communication skills/ must be self-motivated to handle tasks of multidisciplinary nature. Knowledge of regulatory and legislative frameworks related to health information management and the ability to interpret them.
- Capture data on the DHIS, PPIPv3 and ChildPIP3 database and update institutions Health Information management (HIM) databases. Conduct rapid data quality assessment on the primary source before capturing. Follow up any discrepancies with the relevant service provider. Compile and submit routine reports. Complete and sign a weekly summary form for use in a monthly report. Assist timely preparation and submission of required reports based on the Work Plan of HIM Unit. Source data from both electronic (HIS) and manual system. Ensure that data is received regularly and follow up on non-submission. Ensure that the primary source of data is available and ready for audit. Conduct rapid data quality. Escalate poor quality data challenges to the supervisor: perform any other task comply with Performance management and development System (Contracting, quarterly reviews and final assessment)
- Applications should be hand-delivered to Leratong Hospital: Human Resource Department: Block 6 no 1 Adcock Street, CHAMDOR, Krugersdorp. 1740 or posted to Leratong Hospital: Human Resource, Private Bag X2078, Krugersdorp 1740. The application should be delivered by 12h00 (Noon) on the closing date including posted mails. No e-mailed applications will be accepted. The Department of Health is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity employment especially of race, gender and disability. A fully complete new z83 application form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet www.dpsa.gov.za/documents must be attached together with copies of recently updated Curriculum Vitae, copies of certified qualifications, driver’s license and identity document. Certification should not be older than six (6) months. Non-RSA citizens / Permanent Resident Permit holders must attach a copy of their permanent residence permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from SAQA. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered. Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. The Department of Health is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity employment especially of race, gender and disability, therefore, people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (PSC)- verification (reference checks – provide at least 3 of which one must be your immediate supervisor, identity verification, qualifications verification. Criminal record checks, credit/ financial stability checks and employment verification). The recommended candidate may be subjected to medical surveillance as required by the occupational health and safety act. Act5/1993. Leratong hospital reserves the right to utilize practical exercises/ tests for non- SMS positions during the recruitment process to determine the suitability of candidates for the post(s)
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Leratong Hospital
Closing Date: 29-10-2021
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.